Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Best decision I ever made
By LMazda

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about this car. It is fast to accelerate, fun to drive, and a great looking car. It draws a lot of attention because not many people have them. The only bad thing is tires are expensive. I have had the car for four months and I still get excited every time I drive it. BUY IT

The steering wheel, and the control panels, I like that the radio station panel is close to the windshield so that you don't have to look so far down to see the channel (I feel like it's safer). I like the shape of it.

A more comfortable drivers seat for those longer trips.

Great Looking car - but beware of tires.
By Kara

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love how the car stands out - it's different than what everyone has. Really appreciate Mazda's design innovation. I considered myself a big advocate for the brand, however this will be my last...the past two Mazda's have required a tire replacement much to early. Two tires on my CX-7 (Touring model) are considered "dangerous" and two "suggested replacements". So at 20,000 miles, I'm paying over $900 for four new tires. Mazda will not take any responsibility even though they make the decision to use that tire. I have never had this issue with any vehicle - other than my two Mazdas. So if you go this route - make sure to bake in extra costs for this issue.

Exterior / Interior style.

Gas mileage leaves something to be desired, and as mentioned above, the tire "life" has made me extremely dissatisfied.

Fell in love....now HATE
By jerseygirl

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was my second car ever and I was completely in love until the cars issues began! It killed me to see this car break so much because it was my baby. Turbo went twice, tires had to be changed at 20000 miles, navigation only works when it wants to, the engine ticks VERY loudly, squeaks like a 30 year old car, battery just went due to bad starter (still fighting dealership over that), the gas mileage is terrible!,the paint scratches very easily, and the abs has failed more then once. This car could be a awesome car if they fixed the problems! I loved it so much when I bought it!

the headlights are wonderful, the sound system (Bose) is amazing, style is the best in its class

no turbo OR bigger engine, better gas mileage, navigation updated (w/ bluetooth and ipod hookups), better stock tires, engine problems fixed, better paint used, all the other problems too!

very disappointed
By Angela

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the suv for a year and half I have had to take it in 3 times bought it brand new I am very disappointed. I think when you buy a brand new vehicle it should work. I will NEVER buy a Mazda again and if you are thinking about purchasing this vehicle Please Think Twice cause it has been a nightmare for our family.I wish they would take it back.

The outside of this vehicle looks great but the inside was made poorly.

Make a vehicle that you do not have to bring in for at least 4 years after purchasing it brand new. I have a 99 ford expedition that i have never had to take in for anything even to this day. I will be sticking to American made vehicles from now on.

Would never buy this car again!
By amyemme

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has horrible paint. As someone else stated paint seems to have flaws. I live in Michigan this car is horrible in even 1 inch of snow ! The tires are very cheap. Need new tires at 12k. I haven't experienced the a/c problems others reported is the only positive. The gas mileage is also horrible. The biggest annoyance is the road noise. Can't talk on phone when on the highway without turning cell phone vol. way up !! There also is no room for an infant carseat. I have to move my seat forward to put my baby in or out when using my carseat base. I wish my lease was up last year! Don't buy this car.

Bose system, Body style

Gas mileage, Road noise, Paint job. New tires.