Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great SUV
By jaron1

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car considered lots of other vehicles before buying. I thought the some of these reviews were unfair about this car as most of the problems were due to driver error. And not keeping up on normal maintenance this is a fantastic car fun to drive lots of spunk and great ride quality. Its quite inside with plenty of room I would recomend this car to anyone

Big Disapointment
By lilgreenfrog76

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought driving a Mazda would be wonderful. I love forgeign cars as they last forever!! I couldn't be more wrong. Bought the car with 16k miles and at 70k miles, the engine blows. First was thought the timing chain broke, but wasn't. Mazda will NOT stand by their product. They have a crappy warrenty for a reason. Their cars are CRAP!! I checked out more cars like mine, there IS a bad problem with the engines!!! There is NO reason for a maintained car to have such issues at low miles. I had a VW with 144k miles, 10 years old and never once gave me problems. SHAME ON YOU MAZDA!! Build a better car or fix it. Check reviews and engine problems on the 07' & 08' CX-7's!!
U have been WARNED!!!!

Design and comfort. But that is not what makes the car run. I would rather have a car I can DRIVE. Mazda has failed me AND my family!! I will never buy one again.

Stronger more reliable engines. Preferrably, a NON Interferrence Engine!! These engines are NOT built to last!!!!

Fun to drive, not fun to maintain
By ShiftLft

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2008 CX7 is a fun car to drive, but over the years has been less than fun to maintain. Less than 3 months after purchasing it brand new, the exhaust tips began rusting. That was the first bad sign. Since then in just over 2 years, I've had a door replaced after rusting, trailer hitch has rusted, tires lasted a whole 18,000 miles, I need new brakes and rotors already, and the EGR valve has gone bad and needs replacement ($900 repair). After all of this, last week I decided to trade in the vehicle rather than deal with 3 more years of problems on the loan. I'm picking up my 2011 GMC Terrain tomorrow.

The turbo, leather seats, interior, Xenon headlights.

Gas mileage could be better but it does have a turbo. Just reliability overall needs to be improved before I consider purchasing another Mazda product.

Mazada CX7
By Steve

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I get 20+ mpg in town and 23 hwy. I have put almost 70,000 miles on in the last 2 1/2 years. A lot of room inside and very stylish outside. I have been very satisfied with my CX7. Dependable with good service, comfort, and power.

My 1st Mazda, lovin' the 2008 CX-7!
By JES

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning all American cars (Chryslers, Fords and one GM) since my beloved 1985 Honda Civic I purchased a 2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring after a recommendation from one of the dealerships I was shopping at. I had never even considered a Mazda before but I did about 4 days of crash research on everything Mazda I could find on the Net and test drove 3 different CX-7's before I made the purchase. After a week and a half of ownership I am in love with it. The drive, performance and look are second to none and I got a GREAT DEAL on it. So far I am very impressed and pleased with it, looking forward to doing a little customization on it! :-)

Drive/Performance, Bose Stereo, Size & Shape of the outside, Grand Touring Options, Interior Cabin Room (more spacious than a Lexus RX 300 I test drove) and Dashboard Layout.

A 2008 Vehicle should have Aux Ports on the OEM Radio by default and Auto Locking doors standard(goodness my 2001 Chrylser Sebring had that, WTH??) A bigger steering wheel (can I swap it out for the one on the CX-9?) and NAV should be standard on Grand Touring.