Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

I love my Mazda CX-7
By hunt5368

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car after an accident in my Nissan Murano. The turbo 4-cylinder engine is surprisingly quick and there is no roll when taking turns. I only wish there were more cubbies for the driver. Its roomy enough to take family trips and compact enough for your daily errands. I would definitely recommend the CX-7.

exterior style, interior colors, turbo, gauge cluster style, large cargo area, averaging 23/25 mpg

more cubbies around the driver

My Journey's ...my CX7
By greg

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My CX7 has it all! It's loaded! Mazda makes an excellent product! Only 2 suggestions. Automatic interior door lock; and change tire contract with supplier. Bridgestone tires are less then adequate. I am on my second set of Bridgestone tires at 16,000 miles. At this time my second set of Bridgestone tires is creating the tire indicator lamp to remain on my instrument cluster...roughly 17,000miles. Please change tire supplier. I am a city driver 135 per day, to and from work, maybe market, or resturant added. In all the vechicle is excelent.

Interior automatic door locks. New tire supplier. Automatic AC/heat. Controls easier to navigate/understand

What Lines
By Tucker

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Stunning exterior lines accent this perfect sized SUV. Solid footing allows you throw this platform into a switch-back with a peace of mind. The lows, much too noisy cabin, turbo lag, and eats tires every 20K.

Styling and handling places a smile ear-to-ear after a long day of work.

Lower interior noise, nicer carpeting and improve gas mileage

Fun, Nice, not for everyone
By Houston Dad

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As I read my fellow CX-7 owner's reviews I get the feeling that many of us purchased this car more due to looks and the ability to boast about having a turbo charged vehicle than anything else. Yes, the styling and presence of this vehicle cannot be denied. Nor can I say that it isn't fun to drive. However, if you are considering this car think about these few things: MPG - it gets at best 20 for me on highway and 17 combined on top of the fact that it needs premium fuel. If you think you are going to get away with less, the dealer will tell you that you can but you lose the whole point of having a turbo charged engine and might as well buy a 6 cylinder something else.

Standard features - For a vehicle produced in 2008 and not 1998 I would expect it to have MP3 disk playing capabilities (that is $600 more for an mp3 changer), an axillary jack and more than one charging outlet. (Hard to decide whether to charge your cell phone or your GPS unit sometimes).

It will be one year....
By Marlo

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

in a few weeks since I bought the 08 CX7. It has 18k miles, and I haven't had any problems with the vehicle. I brought the Sport but it came with some options (nav, Bose system, moon roof, Sirius, remote start). The CX7 is the perfect size for me. Overall, I enjoy the CX7.

Size of the vehicle, the exterior style, Bose system, remote start, love the color Cherry Black Mica!

Ride is a bit bumpy. The carpet is cheap.