Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

MAZDA CX-7!! DONT BUY
By heyykipani

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well I bought my mazda cx-7 in May 2010 used, after my cooper broke. About 4 months since i bought it I started to hear a rattle sound when starting it, went to 3 machinics, they said they didnt hear it, and nothing was wrong. I knew somthing was, but what could i do. It broke down 150 miles away from our home, had it towed for $500, to cheyenne WY MAY 20th 2011. Time chain broke, timing censor broke the chain. That caused the pistons to hit the head, the rattle sound caused half the problems, they said. I have to pay $3,000 (military discount) to fix it, its been 2 almost 3 months & i still dont have my damn car. Everytime they call theres mre problems wrong, more money, more time

The inside of the car is nice, Engine is a lemon, worse than anyother car out there. Stay away form this car it will empty your wallets, and bank account!!

RECALL This car, sue Mazda dealership! for making a faulty car and not wanting to recall or repair, since all the problems happen around 60,000miles, and warranty is up. Thats horriable. If enough people complain or sue, the owners of he mazda cx-7 can win, or mazda can pay for what they made faulty

Not too many issues...
By rmcclimond

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car in 2007, with 6 mile on the odometer.
Had only a couple of issues until now.
My husband was driving the car, had to break hard,
then as accelerating, between 3rd and 4th, heard a loud boom, pulled over to check.
Didn't see anything, now the vehicle won't engage when put into reverse.
Guess we'll hit the mechanic on Monday.

Never Buy A Mazda CX-7
By simbaman

2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

CX7 is a disaster. 1. My CX7's rotors had to be replaced in 12 months despite light footed driving.
2. 18 months into ownership and the engine light came on. The fuel valve had be replaced, and that after numerous arguments with the dealership. 3. The rear window chrome mouldings slid forward preventing opening of the front doors. The dealership replaced one side as a courtesy, but would not replace the other side. Then agreed to trim the other side. Very shoddy work! 4. 2 years in ownership the shift up/down to 3rd gear became jerky with a thud. The dealership refused to fix the issue despite regular servicing. I didn't bother to have it fixed. The car was returned at end of lease.

Cool looking, firm ride and acceleration.

Besides the complaints, this car needs better tires. the originals went bald after 40,000 Kms. The turbo spews hot air into the cabin. Switching on the AC does little to help. The dealerships don't have a solution either.

Advise please?
By elvis8it

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my Mazda CX7 for three years, with very little problems. However, I am concerned about possible turbo issues down the road.
Would love to hear about other owners of 2007 CX7's with over 60K? I have about 50K on mine.
I currently love the car. I had one issue in which the warranty covered with no questions (I did have to show my maintenance records). This was for the the VVT / Time chain issue.
Mazda took care of it, no problems, even provided me a loaner car!

Never buying a Mazda again.
By kmdw

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife bought her CX-7 used with around 40,000 miles. Timing chain broke at 60,100 miles. No check engine light until car actually stopped running (in passing lane on busy interstate). Mazda is replacing the engine right now, no questions asked, despite her not being able to find all her oil change receipts. I suppose we have to thank everyone else before us who had this problem and complained, otherwise we'd be in the same boat. This thing apparently develops other problems that we don't want to to have to deal with, so as soon as it's fixed, we're trading it in!!!