Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-7

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great Handling SUV
By D K Stewart

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the best handling SUV that you can buy. In fact it handles much better than most cars. For example it handles better than an Acura TSX. We average over 21 MPG in town that includes some freeway driving. We have taken one trip--over 1000 miles and we averaged 25 MPG. Even though the engine is not a smooth and quiet as a V/6, it performs better that any of the V/6's that we drove. We found that the handling on most Toyota SUVs was very sloppy and while the Acura MDX did handle and drive well, The CX-7 looks so much better and costs about $10,000 less(I'm talking about what you can actually buy one for). The Acura is nicer inside but the build quality on the CX-9 is just as good.

The factory 18 inch wheels look better than any of the competitors. They complement an already great looking car.

The manual selection is the opposite of most other auto - manuels.

Update to orig post of 3/19, added info
By Jim

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Update to my orig post. After nearly a year of ownership, I still love my CX7! I've had it all over So.Cal from Yosemite to Mammoth to Big Bear. All my original impressions remain. The AWD works well in snow and rain and the combination of traction control and the excellent ABS brakes provide plenty of security on iffy roads. My only complaint is still that of fuel mileage. I am averaging 15.5mpg around town but on a long trip to Tahoe I managed 22mpg @ avg speed of 75mph. Very respectable. The turbo shines on mountain roads, lotsa scoot! It is important to note whether you have the AWD or FWD model, I suspect that has a lot to do with the large delta in mileage reported here.

Ext & Int Design. Solid Build. Turbo scoot with taut, communicative handling. Confidence inspiring grip of AWD, TC and world class brakes! Tech package a terrific addition if you can swing it. Keyless ignition, adjustable Xenon headlamps a nice touch.

iPod connectivity should be standard on the Tech Package. Premium fuel requirement still a bummer (especially in So.Cal @ nearly $4/gal!) Getting used to V8 like mileage but a re-tune of the turbo to drink regular unleaded would be nice. Otherwise lets see the 280hp of the MS6 version!

first car
By Susan Samhoury

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

From the outside it is beatiful. The inside is not bad. When driving on the highway its smooth but if you drive slow it makes a ticking noise, drives me crazy.I asked the dealer and was told that its normal.He explained why but I still think it should run smoother.I can't wait until I can exchange it. I am not so happy with it even though this is the first time a buy a new car. I think the noise should be a lot smoother than it is. I took to the dealer and I had them listen to it and they said it was normal.

The outside of the car and the color. I have the light blue. Once you are on the highway it runs very smooth.

The speed meter should be in 5s instead of 10s meaning 50, 55, 60, not 50, 60 etc. A temperature meter. Basically if its not upgraded its not worth the price it is.

Enjoying My Ride!
By Ransom's CX-7

2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had the privledge of selecting the type of car purchased by my employer. Crossovers were my choice of vehicle type, so the choice was between the Honda CR-V, Madza CX-7, or Nissan Murano price range. Test driving all three was fun, but I found that the Mazda had more sports car like characteristics than the others. I am a consultant, and often drive 400 mile trips in a given day, with meetings. The car is awesome for such trips. I arrive in comfort, refreshed, and ready to consult. Glad I picked the CX-7. Almost feel guilty sometimes, most people in my profession drive pickups. Enjoy my Zoom Zoom Zoom Mazda.

Handling, seat comfort, exterior looks, gauges.

better gas mileage, without any loss in performance, xm radio option, better warranty

Nice Ride but Comp. System is off
By Express

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've purchased my Madza CX-7 three months ago and the transmission and tire warning lights came on three times already. You wouldn't think warning lights will come up this soon after a new car purchase. Yet again, I need to take it back to the dealership for a check-up. Something is wacky with the computer system.

My favorite feature is the sound system. It has an overall top notch sound.

They need to improve the sensitivity of all the warning light features. It seems like it goes on when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car.