Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Good for the money
By corne

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've never been a Mazda fan until I purchased my CX 7 grand touring. I purchased it with 3171 miles and practically it is new. CX 7 has a very nice design inside and outside with a lot of options easy to use and also very good steering and brakes. You won't realize how fast it jumps to 80mph. Fun to drive.

I love Bose system with 6 CD changer in dash and the climate control. Also in the dark the highway it is very well illuminated thanks to the xenon lights.

I miss the green solar protective line on the top of the windshield. If it is a sunny day and your headlights are on you can see almost nothing on the dash. A little noisy till you reach 70 mph

I love it.
By dp

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is fun to drive. I have not had anything go wrong with it yet.

Engine, seat comfort, and 65/35 split rear seat. I also like the safety options this car came with.

mpg

Mazda CX 7 Review
By VBM

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This my first new Mazda. After extensively comparing BMW X3, Infiniti FX35 and Acura RDX, we choose the CX 7. From a value & performance standpoint, this car offered more then ones we compared to. Got the Grand Touring fully loaded with Tech package with NAV and premium Bose audio.

Fit & finish. Tasteful use of plastic materials to make it look more expensive. No squeaks, rattles. Excellent handling for car this size. Very good HMI (human machine interface) for audio/nav. Better then RDX, X3 and FX.

1) IPod, external media interface 2) Premium audio does not have radio RDS..mid level has it...uplevel does not? What? 3) Add Bluetooth 4) Interior color betw Instr panel, Lthr Seat, Door/Roof Trim are quite diff. shades of Beige. I know its diff. matr, but I know its matchable.

Nice Vehicle But Some Issues
By Ironton215

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Mazda. I purchased it because it is a very nice looking vehicle and it fits my family, which includes three in car seats. After purchasing the CX-7 I noticed several things that have slightly reduced my opinion of the vehicle. The fuel economy is not very good and premium fuel is required. From the interior the engine noise and heat is very noticible. The transmission shifts oddly back and forth between fifth and sixth gear at times. Suspension is very stiff. Turbo lag. Many "nice to haves" missing - no bluetooth, no navigation software support between Mazda and Navteq, no extra functions such as MPG in the display, no iPod ability with nav. sys., etc. A-pillar blind spot!!

Vehicle exterior looks. Vehicle interior looks - with the exception of everything being plastic.

Increase fuel economy. Reduce engine heat and noise inside vehicle. Find a way to greatly reduce the blind spot created by the A-pillar. Add/offer bluetooth. Don't refer owners to Navteq for navigation software support - they do not support the CX-7 at this time! iPod adapter with Nav system?!?!

Sorry I brought a Mazda
By Kim

2007 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Since I had this car its been in the shop about 7 times already included the recall. The biggest problem was the replacing the Turbo Charger it has excessive wichage through its internal seal. This is a brand new car. Remember I only had this car for 9months.My first car was a Mazda Triubet truck. This is my first brand new car. I didn't want to go back o a use automotive. I problemly shoud had went to a use one. Now owning thi car I don't fill proud about my new car I fill hurt.

The color. Its a Black Cherry. When I'm out driving it I get great reviewabout the car. Everyone love thecolor. I can be at thetop light people tell me how they like the car.

Making sure that you getting a brand newc ar that customer is not test driving.And you get that car peopl had test drov. Dealer ship need to have separted cars for people to test drive. Not the one cutomer have to buy. That how I got a BOOM- BOOM -Not a Zoom Zoom.