2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: 83,000 update on 2014 Mazda CX

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

83,000 update on 2014 Mazda CX-5
By tamoshanter55 on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So, now have had the car for 3 years and have put over 83,000 miles - mostly highway. Continues to run excellent - continues my faith in my brand loyalty with Mazda. Gives great acceleration for a 4 banger, given the medium weight of the car. No problems - changed the tires at approximately 45,000, I take it in about once every 8,000 miles for maintenance at my local Mazda dealer in Baltimore. By the way, Heritage Mazda (in Catonsville - suburb of Baltimore) is an excellent service/dealership. They are always polite, helpful, prompt, have the car completed when they tell me, and reasonable in price. They don't try to gouge me like most dealerships - only doing the maintenance necessary. I asked about any preventive major maintenance on the car, and they said with the Mazda SkyActive system, it requires very minimal maintenance. With their regular checks on the car, I've had no problems. I did run into a deer last year - caused about $3000 body damage to the front - but after fixed, car runs as good as new. The only complaint I have is that the ipod connection doesn't seem to be working the last few thousand miles; I know my ipod works, but it keeps coming up on the display as "ipod error". My 2000 Mazda626 is still at home, with 317,000 miles on it (I use it for local commuting, grocery runs, etc.) and still works great. This is why I still buy "Zoom-zoom"!!!

• Acceleration
  • Transmission
  • Electronics
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tamoshanter55
on 05/28/14 05:28 AM (PDT)

update on this vehicle after 3500 miles.... still running great...comfortable, none of the complaints (ie wind noise, etc.) that the other reviewer had. sound system great on long rides back and forth from VA to Baltimore... however, only complaint is it has a horn that sounds like an emasculated gecko.....come on, Mazda, you could have done better with the auto horn. i press on it and get looks like "...and what kind of wimp are you???..."

By halasana
on 07/02/14 15:07 PM (PDT)

Thanks so much for your helpful review. What about what the other commenter said about A/C not being cold enough when temps gets really hot? Have you had this problem? By now, I'm sure the summer is heating up in Baltimore!