Used 2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

Time to change
By Rlf

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2014. Mazda CX-5. Get.. Great car but for the following . No ac vent in rear. Passengers very uncomfortable. Blue tooth never works properly. And for a car that cost over 30k no compass even through I have the tech package.

Great engine and dependable. Some flaws.
By A. Chieffi

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great engine, transmission and suspension. Not impressed with body robustness. Great cargo space, however very poor cabin storage.
Noisy on highway speeds (60-70 mph).
Looks like some flaws are part of the 2016 upgrade.

Brakes a Problem!!
By hbleems

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After software updates failed, replaced entire radio/bluetooth/nav system (covered under warranty, but multiple dealer visits). Replaced rear differential (covered under warranty - no loaner car, multiple day repair). Now at 18 months and 24k miles, not only are the rear brake pads gone, but the rotors gone as well. Car is driven under normal conditions and front brakes are fine (at least at this point). Mazda agrees that they wore quickly, but will not cover or partially pay for repair. My first Mazda purchase and possibly my last.

Great car; terrible dealer
By V.M. Walters

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Kelly Blue book gave the 2014 Mazda CX5 the top rating for an SUV that year. I tried every SUV on the market and liked this the best. For short people, however, the length of the seats is somewhat uncomfortable, but a pillow behind the back solves this. I would have liked the vehicle even more if I had a good experience at the dealer. CardinaleWay Mazda in Mesa, AZ was the worst car buying experience I have ever had! The sales person was fine, but when the deal was taken over by the used car manager and finance person, the experience turned horrific. The pressure to take the expensive add-on extended warranties was amazing; making me feel stupid for not taking it. I won't go on and on, but I couldn't wait to get out of there and it definitely put a damper on the car. I would definitely not recommend buying a car from this dealer.

Bad Brakes!
By pat_the_rat

2014 Mazda CX-5 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My front rotors began to shimmy badly on braking at around 22k miles. I was told the rotors were "visibly warped". What? You're kidding right? I replaced the rotors (pads were like new) and about 10k later it did the same thing. This time i had the original rotors turned and bought new pads as well. still ok at 3k later, but i checked a squeaking sound in my rear brakes and found they were completely worn down and scoring the rotors. Now I have to replace the rear rotors and pads too. This is absolutely unacceptable! I've NEVER had a car go through brakes and rotors like this and I've owned cars for 35 years. No more Mazdas for me!

My favorite feature is how fast the brakes go. Next to that I like the rear camera. Makes it easy to park, the AWD, and decent gas mileage for a car this size.

Redesign and/or fix the brake system. I hate that the hands free phone system always tells you all 6 "available options" when all you want to do is call someone. "Available options are: Call, Call Back, Dial,..."