Used 1999 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Best one yet
By Rachel

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought new and have no regrets. I have the car maintained regularly and it is garage kept. It has not broken down on me yet and the repairs have really only been maintainance items. Best car I have ever owned in terms of reliability.

Swinging vents, large trunk, fuel economy, fold down seats for through trunk storage.

Full size spare tire

A good car
By NRI

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car for following reasons 1. Comfort. I love the interior comforts and the features that it has like Swing Vents 2. Driving. The acceleration was good. Pick up was not comparable to Chrysler V6 but not bad either. 3. I have driven this car over the NH mountains and never had issues. 4. Had to recharge the AC at about 97kmiles and timing belt replaced and after that the AC is fine without issues Regular oil changes , 90000 service, done. Recently had to replace the transmission hose as it had some problems.

Swing vent, Keyless Entry, Interiors, Exteriors, Driving

Could pack in a little more power. Was thinking of upgrading to Mazda6

Great car for me
By jazzy

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2004. It had over 100 thousand miles on it. I have not had any Major car problems until this year 2008 at 166,147 miles. I have put in a transmission and a timing belt in it. It rides very well. No other maintenance problems, regular maintenance upkeep. Very good value for the money for me.

Interior nice and roomy. Seats very comfortable. Large trunk.

Dressy rids would help.

Time to trade it in I guess
By grathy

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I'm at 66,700 for this 1999 beauty, but I guess it's time to trade her in. In the past year, I've put over $1800 into the car, and I'm nervous to continue driving her long distances, should something else go wrong. It's kind of like having an elderly cat or dog. You love them, but you know it's just a matter of time. So, reluctantly, I will be saying goodbye to my sage-green gal, and hope that she finds another good home, swinging vents and all!

Swinging air vents, Bose stereo system, jade green color. Love the rounded styling, which has remained timeless to me.

Wish it was more reliable after 60,000 miles. Leather in the seats could be a bit more plush.

Not bad for the money
By tharry8

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used in 2006 for $4900 and had 60,000 miles on it. Now have 104,000 miles. No real problems, just normal maintenance. 4cyl has very little power, and gas mileage isn't that good (22 mpg) considering the lack of performance. I can see the Ford influences, what a shame. Thought I was getting a Japanese car. Should have done my homework. Bought for daughter to train on, kind of a bumper car if you know what I mean.

Swing vent.

Either more power or better mileage.