At its core, the 2017 Mazda 6 is a competent, comfortable and sensible midsize family sedan. When you add in strong performance, plenty of driver engagement and evocative styling, it's easy to see why it's one of our favorite midsize family sedans.
- Very responsive engine and transmission make it feel faster than most family sedans
- Fuel economy is competitive with any car in the class
- Reassuring handling that makes it entertaining to drive
- One of the best technology interfaces in the class
- Graceful styling inside and out.
- Ride quality is a bit stiffer than rivals
- No hybrid model or all-wheel-drive option offered like many other cars in this class.