Used 2006 Lincoln Zephyr Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )

Good luck finding one to buy!
By knb1

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car! Handles well, accelerates well, great gas mileage - 28 mpg combined! Good looking car. Top reliability. I'm 6'4" and fit in this car comfortably. Trunk is large, put the seats down for extra space. Every possible control. Lucky to find one, I had to look for three months until I found a Zephyr, worth the wait.

Front end and interior styling with real wood. Looks like a much more expensive car. Have had many comments from strangers - they all liked it.

More power (MKZ has addressed this: 260 hp) needed, stiffer suspension. E.T. rear end needs to be re-styled. These are personal preferences and opinions, the car is great as it is.

Zephyr 06
By TEDDY FUTRELL

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a lot of sports cars and this time Lincoln has come up with all around car great family and sporty, I have had a lot of Vettes that did not handle better than this car, it is great !

I have naviagaton system and it is great. And great sound system too. All factory!

My car came out with Michieiln tires. They show too much wear at a low mileage. I think they should have better tires !

Underrated, Undervalued
By kb1

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a deal. I can't think of anything else I could add to this car except a more powerful engine. It feels solid, people stop and look at it all the time. It drives well, has good pick up, corners well and all the instruments are laid out well. You can't read the computer in bright sun, but only at an angle. All in all a great buy!

Interior is well laid out an very comfortable with lots of rear space. I'm 6'4 and fit comfortably! Love the interior at night, the white lights are great.

Needs more power, but then the new MKZ has addressed that. Still with 230HP it moves along well. I get 28MPH/hwy so it does OK there. Trunk needs to have a pad or something to hold onto when you close it.

Good but could be better
By cristo

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this Zephyr for 2 years now. All in all it has been a good car for me. There have been some issues,however. Since day one of ownership the car has idled very high after sitting for more than a couple of hours! It takes several minutes for the car to idle down on its own! Have been to the dealer and they say all is fine! My mileage is now dismal and I believe it is due to the high idle every morning and afternoon. 2006 was the only year this particular engine was used.I've talked to other owners of 2007-08 models they have no problems. They also have more power as Lincoln added about 43 horsepower! A friend drove my car and thought it was a 4 cylinder!

Great exterior design!

More headroom with sunroof option. Better quality of leather. More soundproofing in general. For 32,000 car could be a bit better.

My Lincoln Now
By scott luckey

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Highway cruising great, gets lots of looks, only improvement would be transmission. Starting off is sometimes clumsy due to accelerator and response.

Leather interior