Used 2006 Lincoln Zephyr Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (151 reviews )

These are a few of my favorite things
By Nook Schreier

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my pre-owned Zephyr over 4 months ago, and I still smile when I walk up to it, it's just fantastic. It's such a classy-looking car, ESPECIALLY in black, which mine is. Unfortunately, being black, the birds seem to enjoy hanging out above it... often. It's very fun to drive, though as has been pointed out repeatedly, the gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I live pretty close to work and don't drive a whole lot otherwise, so I'm getting about 17mpg regular. But on the highway, I have gotten 30mpg, so that's something. I've read reviews saying the acceleration is bad, but I haven't really experienced that, if you drive it intelligently (don't slam the gas/squeal tires).

It just looks beautiful! The CEO said he was jealous. :) The steering wheel controls for fan/temp as well as radio volume/media change are quite handy. MP3-capable 6-disc changer? You can actually play music for about three days straight without repeats or changing discs.

The digital volume control is a little touchy: it needs half-steps, or just make the volume control analog (barbaric, I know). The Auto-AC likes to default to full-blast, which is a bit annoying. The seat cooling is not as effective as I'd like it to be, though the heating does work well.

Very good car.
By Bill

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I found this car slightly used at a Jeep dealer and really liked it at first sight. I have driven it all over and on two long trips (5K miles) since then and still like it a lot. This US car is better than any Toyota or Honda and is comparable to the Lexus. It drives great, gets good MPG (26-30 hwy), runs very quiet and is very reliable. It is great car for a couple or a small family with lots of trunk room and a big back seat for extra junk or two kids or two friends as needed. The car is very luxurious and great looking on both the inside and outside. I highly recommend it to all my friends.

Super luxurious interior with cream leather seats and blond wood accents. Fantastic outside looks. Extra night lighting on the outside mirrors, head lights, tail lamps and inside doom lights when I unlock the car for easy safe entry.

Make the front bottom bucket seats softer and bigger for bigger softer people. Put a cooling and heating vent and a power plug in the back seat. Make the front seat cigar lighter work as a power plug. Make the outside number door lock more secure.

Satisfied
By Midwest

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this vehicle three years now and overall it has been a good experience. No major breakdowns or service issues whatsoever. My only complaint is the V rated tires. If you have a flat you buy a tire. Apparently the sidewalls are so thin, that there is no hope to repair unless you have the flat while sitting still in your garage.

THX stereo and body style.

Get rid of the worthless high speed tires and put something more practical on.

What a Lincoln
By Great Car

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 3 years and absolutely love it. Wish I would have waited for the MKZ and I would be purchasing it at lease end in a few months. May purchase it anyway since it still looks as new as the day I drove it off the showroom floor 3 years ago. I have really been shopping and comparing other makes and models but keep coming back to the Lincoln's can tear myself away.

Everything. The truck is so spacious, can hold 5 people with the greatest of comfort.

All wheel drive and more ponies was installed in the MKZ, so I can't think of any.

Good luck finding one to buy!
By knb1

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car! Handles well, accelerates well, great gas mileage - 28 mpg combined! Good looking car. Top reliability. I'm 6'4" and fit in this car comfortably. Trunk is large, put the seats down for extra space. Every possible control. Lucky to find one, I had to look for three months until I found a Zephyr, worth the wait.

Front end and interior styling with real wood. Looks like a much more expensive car. Have had many comments from strangers - they all liked it.

More power (MKZ has addressed this: 260 hp) needed, stiffer suspension. E.T. rear end needs to be re-styled. These are personal preferences and opinions, the car is great as it is.