Used 2006 Lincoln Zephyr Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (152 reviews )

Piece of trash
By LOUISIANA

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 01/2007. Sold my SUV for this car. It has been nothing but trouble. Been shop more than out. Replaced wheel bearings four times, it has a rough idle that nobody can fine or the noise it makes in the dash.

45,563 miles, new transmission
By lz 2006

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car 3/2006, use it to drive the 20 miles back and forth to work - today, 4/30/2010 found out I need a new transmission with only 45,563 miles.

Inner design

Looks nice, very rough trans
By Marc

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Zephyr looks great. I put 20" rims and low profile tires from the start and the car looks great. The tires the dealer sold me were horrible (Nitto) but I replaced them with Michelins that are much better. Car is comfortable and rides fairly well on the freeway. I always get people telling me they love how it looks too. The biggest problem is the transmission and the poor fuel economy. The transmission has been poor from the start, with very jerky upshifting almost predictable when trying to accelerate from a rolling 40 MPH. The transmission actually jerks so hard that the car almost comes off the ground. I am really not looking forward to that repair bill that come inevitably.

Temperature control system, navigation, seats, sunroof, and interior quality are all very nice. Stereo desperately needs an aux input. Couldn't hook up a satellite radio even though I had one.

Aux input for Stereo, better transmission, better fuel economy.

Somethings Missing
By RBS

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Came out of an LS to the Zephyr. I know we are comparing apples and oranges but Lincoln really missed the mark if trying to retain customers who came to the brand for mid performance. LS was tight and confident. Zephyr is not even close. Zephyer is luxury inside while the vehile is in park. Awesome interior, no mechanical issues, great looks and finish. Step on the gas and it ends here. Loud unrefined engine noise, unremarkable ride, major torque steer. This is a Fusion at best with a better interior. Nothing wrong with this except why pay for luxury and get a common auto mobile. After 7 weeks I traded it out.

Great and comfortable interior, more than substantial stereo.

Quiet down the engine and compensate for awful torque steer. Add speed sensitive steering.

Ford is the best of American made cars
By BenjiS49

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the vehicle for 2 months and really love this car. I get many compliments on my new car and I inform them it is 4 years old and not new. This design is like the 2010 MKZ and in top condition so it appears that way. The mileage is very good, not great. I get 24 in town and 27 on the highway. Seats are very comfortable and fully adjustable. Leather seats are wonderful on long trips.

Memory seats and the heated seats.

Trunk release should allow the lid to pop up to the open position. Luxury cars this is a normal standard with remote release.