Used 2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Could Be Better...
By Roger2Texas

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car rides smooth in city, absorbs bumps very well. Have had problems with A/C vacuum valve that controls recirculation of air. Had replaced twice, seems to be messing up again. A/C vacuum makes weird noises when car first started. On highway, car seems to sway a lot. This being the 3rd Town Car I've owned, this has the worst handling quality on highway (especially with full load of 6 people). Bumpers quality is not as good as previous models, maybe should consider purchasing a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis for a cheaper price (cuz they are off the same assembly line!!) Don't let the Lincoln logo fool you.

6 CD changer, nice sound system, digital & regular speedomoter in one, auto system check, car is pretty, back- up sensors, driver side memory seats, pedals, and mirrors.

Fix the way car handles on highway. Can't keep car in a straight line. Better bumpers, better A/C components, place oil filter in a better place (oil always burns the side of my arm).

I love this car.......
By Furley

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a commuters dream; I drive from Scranton to NYC daily and I must say this is the best car for commuting ever! I have had other cars nothing compares to the Lincoln Town Car. I would say for the price I paid, and that fact that any garage anywhere can do a quick service on it with out any difficulty is perfect for me. I love the ride, it is perfect for NYC potholes. This car has 200,000 miles on it everything still works. No problems at all.

Awesome sound system with XM - Auto climate control - push buttons on the steering wheel - auto raise and lowering trunk - comfortable seats - air ride - large sun roof.

Lincoln TC has been like it is since 2003; redesign is in order.

Town Car / affordable luxury
By Fred Issa

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 Lincoln Town Car is the 6th Lincoln I have owned. I love Town Cars for rear wheel drive, affordability, looks, great as mileage at 28 MPG, [with the Nitro filed tires] doing 65 - 70 miles per hour. The ride is like sitting at home in your easy chair. I keep my Lincoln Town Cars 10 years or more, even after I buy new ones. One of my best friends bought a new 2008 top of the line Lexus, and he said my TC gives a better ride than his car, for which he paid a bundle. When we have visitors from out of the country, visiting the USA, and I am asked to take them to the airport, they think they are riding in a limo. Several have commented that they drive a Mercedes, or BMW, & prefer mine

I have continued to buy TC'S due to; cornering lights, keyless door entry, self clsoing truck lid, wonderful ride with rear wheel drive, computer driven traction control, lumbar support on my driver & passenger seats for comfort, auto dimmer for rearview mirror, great stereo radio.

Dash set up on My 1995 Lincoln Town Car was better, instrumentation package too. You need to keep this terrific engine, but beef it up to 300 plus HP. Ford also needs to put in a 6 spped automatic, to improve the gas mileage over 30 MPG at the same time. I also had more leg room in my 1995 TC

Love it
By Designer

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just love my Town Car. Flawless. Never had problem #1. Love the silky smooth ride & the improved suspension and better cornering. Great interior, huge trunk, decent gas mileage. Love the fog lights & power glass moonroof as well as the in dash cassette & in dash CD and trunk mounted CD changer. Great to have a car again with cornering lights, too. They tried to interest me in a simulated convertible top, but I like the look of the metal top. Like the white walls with the chrome wheels and I installed the aftermarket chrome tail lamp 360-degee trim. Really looks elegant. The power close trunk is ideal when taking big bulky heavey things out of the trunk. Push button on key & it shuts

The power close trunk, the ability to chose the length of time that the headlights stay on after you leave the car. Wife's Jeep has one setting and that is 40 seconds! Not long enough, unless you are a track star! Like the door "pockets with the lids, to put thing into.

Add: front bumper parking assist beeper, air cooled seats, bring back the moonroof, bring back the fog lights, and never even think about dropping the driver side exterior key pad. Add 75 horsepower to make 315. Add more paint colors for increased selectin and bring back white leather interior !

Last of the "real" American Luxury cars
By Lawrence K. Mahuna

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Lincon Town Car has a beautiful ride and it does not pretend to be anything else but a comfortable ride. It does not have 400+ horses, nor is it a sports car. But if you want a car that gets you from point A-B in the most comfortable manner possible, chose the Town Car. I have a bad back and the Town Car makes it feel better after a long run and does not make you feel that you need a chiropractor. It is too bad that Ford is thinking of discontinuing the TC. Perhaps a litte more horses and a six speed transmission with electronic control would do the job. It would take so little to make this car attractive to new buyers.

Air shock design, parking monitor (rear), large trunk, great rear seat room for three adults. 21 MPG overall for such a large automobile

More horsepower, 300 or a little more, multi-values per cylinder, six speed automatic transmission