Used 2006 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

12 years old - still runs, looks great
By Chef

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this auto in 2011 with 30k original miles. Has 120k now. These are the repairs I’ve made since ownership. Regular maintenance ie: tune ups oil changes- Brakes, tires, gas tank replaced, was told this was somewhat common in older Lincoln’s. Had issues with moon roof switch, leave it closed now don’t use. Ac issue currently, didn’t address at end off summer last year. Need to address as soon as warmer weather sets in. Hope it’s nothing more then a Freon charge. This car has rust, good for a vehicle in Chicago. Keep in mind it’s garage kept and I’m a clean freak, so salt never remains in car for more then a couple of days or less. All this being said, this is my first ford vehicle ever owned. I’ve owned about 8 vehicles in my lifetime. All GM one Chrysler, never again on the lader, 4 of them being Cadillacs. I liked all the Cadillacs rides for sure, but I have to say I had far more troubles with all of them and I’ve ever had with this Lincoln. When this carbno longer runs or I get in an accident I have no clue as to what car I would want to purchase. this is the car I want to drive for a long time to come, I enjoy driving it that much. Currently the only thing I see coming soon is another set of tires.

My 2nd big Ford
By Aaron Bouser

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned an 04 Crown Vic for a long time. I sold it to a friend and missed it, so I looked for another. Decent Crown Vic's are getting harder to find, but these Lincolns are quite available. I am really sold on the Panther platform, and the Lincoln is mechanically familiar to me. Durable and relatively simple. I bought this car gently used, and I find that I like it more than the CV. It's a little bigger, a whole more comfortable, ride wise. Mine is a pewter, bluish silver color and I quite like it. The technology gap is a little behind some of my other vehicles, but they are newer. Mine has the back up beeper parking assist, which really works pretty well. It has a single CD player sound system. The sound, deep bass and crisp highs, is really good, but with no "aux" input, that really limits what I can listen to. That's kind of a downer, but hey, it is an older car. One thing I love is the interior lighting. Each door has a light, each seat position has an overhead light and there's under dash floor lighting. Ten (10) lights come on when you turn on the interior lights. I like that..it looks cool. This car, like my CV, gets decent MPG's, especially for how big a car it is. It's whisper quiet inside and quiet enough that the guy at the carwash commented on it. The trunk is enormous. I play in a band, and it's got plenty of room for two electric guitars in cases, my amp, gig bag and pedalboard. I can carry all my music stuff in the trunk and not have to put any items in the passenger area. Nice. Plus, the air ride suspension keeps the car level even with a trunk load of heavy gear. I love this car so far. The performance? It's not a drag racer and it stops like my pick up. I don't want that kind of performance, though. I want a smooth, quiet ride. That's what I get with this car. After all, it's a Lincoln.

Land Yacht - just needs port and starboard lights!
By Robert Vitale

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ultimate in quiet, smooth ride. NOT a performance vehicle. Suspension is a little soft for my tastes (replaced an SHO). Very good turning radius - smaller than SHO. Overall, a competent, solid, reliable luxury ride - not a dressed up Crown Victoria as some critics have said.
Reliable comfortable ride. Only problems with this car are things that the dealer messed up when servicing under warranty. Still original brakes, no major or minor repairs except an alternator replacement. Exterior is like new.
I'm getting bored with it! Considering a 2018 Mustang GT Conv!

care and maintenace of this car
By belvin evans

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this automobile was purchased in june 2006 with 15000 miles on it. it has never missed routine service and has had all other major service work done by parkway ford Lincoln on peterscreek rd. it was in 1 accident about 6 years ago the hood .bumper and left front fender were replaced. there was no structure damage or electrical damage .it has no oil or fluid leaks and drives as it did when new.

Best car I ever had and Edmunds helped me find it!
By Jeffrey Bautista, AIG Financial Representative

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car was thousands below original asking price. Bought it after Thanksgiving at Crown Lexus, Larry and Rose from their internet department held the car for me until I arrived. Paid it in full so the price I got was the only price I paid for. Edmunds.com gave me a $200 prepaid visa card which arrive in about 10 days. What more can I ask for. Love Edmunds.com! I will use Edmunds.com again.