Skip to main content

Select your model:

Best Town Car Ever

Taloncav, 06/05/2003
Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am 39 years old and have owned Lincolns since 1987. My family owned Lincolns since the 1979 Lincoln Town Car edition (a classic vehicle). Although I am an avid Lincoln fan, therefore a bit biased, I must say that the 2003 Town Car is by far one of the BEST Lincolns I have had the pleasure to own. I have been renting Town Car's when I go on business trips since 1989 and and when I had the opportunity to rent a 2003, I instantly decided to trade my 2002 Continental on a black Town Car Cartier. Geez, what fantastic car. This car handles like it is floating on a cloud. I can't say enough about what a magnificently constructed vehicle this is.

5 out of 5 stars

Never own another GM car again...

Frank221, 10/19/2002
Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In the dictionary, when you look up luxury, there is a picture of a Towncar.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Great ride; Rear End Problems

omnidj, 01/29/2008
Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this used Town Car after having owned a 1996 Executive. Better car; better ride; great styling. Around 72K mi developed noise in rear end. I'm now informed that I need a bearing kit for the rear axle. Wearout at less than 75K mi is unsatisfactory. Ford had a recall on "some" 2003 TC's, but not mine. Also had to replace brake rotors. They seem to warp easily and require regular turning (maybe it's new metallic type pads). Overall, I still love the car and I'll stay with it

3.38 out of 5 stars

Third, Worst and Last

Last Lincoln, 02/01/2005
Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third and last Lincoln. The quality is just plain overrated, mediocre at best. The wind noise around the front windows/doors will drive you crazy, not to mention the engine noise. Not enough power for this size car and lousy gas mileage. A/C will not keep occupants cool if outside temp is over 80.

Much better than Cadillac