Used 2003 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln Town Car

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

I only do 2,000 miles a year, but luv it
By CigarSandy

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In the 6,000 miles I have there has not been a single adjustment needed, not problem to be fixed. I love the car very much. It's the Special Mid-Year model, the "Limited Edition"in that Silver-Green Fire mist color. 1,000s of compliments on the color! Car needs 70 horsepower more, otherwise near perfect. Love the power closing trunk- toy. Love the moonroof and the in the trunk out of the way CD Changer with the single slot in dash CD. Sadly, for '05 they dumped that (along with Autolamp system & Rainsense wipers (I mean WHAT are they thinking? These are standard on a Toyota Avalon & not available on a '05 TC at any price?) I find the driver's door very heavy and it not easy to open !

Stereo System; Power Close Trunk; Rainsence Wipers; Autolamp; seatr comfort; smoothness of ride, quietness, automatic open moonroof; reverse backing alert; cornering lamps and strong brakes, are my favorite features.

Better grade carpeting to replace this paper thin "felt" carpeting; a DECENT clock that can be seen, I mean silver hands on an off-white background ? Make the hands at least BLACK ! In the sun it's impossible to read it! MoreV- 8 power, at least 310 horsepower, pleeese! 18"wheels & run flat tires

Big car works for big man
By Gerry

2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first car in about 10 years, but my third TC. I am 6'9" and about 300lbs and have the leg room and head room in this car that I need. I had an Expedition before, nice vehicle, but no Town Car. Really enjoy the drive. I just took a 17 hour trip from Michigan to North Dakota and was amazingly fresh after being in this smooth rider for so long. Great car and I got over 25 mpg on the trip.

Roominess, Trunk space, pearlescent paint job, and over all look of luxury of the vehicle.

A little more leg room and a multi CD changer.

Salesman's Car
By John C

2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven this car 67,000mi in the past 18 months. As a salesman with high mileage, I luxuriate in it's overall comfort. The huge trunk has an insert to keep loose articles secured below the false floor. This coupled with the limited use spare provides the most usable space in any trunk on the market. The plush leather seats are very comfy & real wood trim is classy. The navigation system is easy to use and very helpful. The backup assist, makes parking this large car a breeze. I average 24 mpg on regular gas. The brakes have been the only problem area. In the first 40,000 miles, I replaced all 4 brake pads & rotors. Beauty, comfort, low insurance & gas economy - Expensive but worth it!

Third, Worst and Last
By Last Lincoln

2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third and last Lincoln. The quality is just plain overrated, mediocre at best. The wind noise around the front windows/doors will drive you crazy, not to mention the engine noise. Not enough power for this size car and lousy gas mileage. A/C will not keep occupants cool if outside temp is over 80.

Back-up monitor, roominess, ride.

Quality and engineering.

Luxury Sedan Preference
By Alfred Lang

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three Lincoln Town Cars
and found them to be consistently of
top quality and excellent in
performance.
The newest convenience features are
always offered.
I am entirely satisfied with this
vehicle.

Garage door opener. Back-up monitor is a fine new feature to protect car and to prevent injury to children behind car in driveway.