Used 2003 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Affordable luxury
By John T.

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is the last of American big cars. It's too bad that these aren't made any more as people favor smaller more European style cars. For the money I paid, this car is quite comfortable. I do mostly highway driving, and achieve an average of 24 miles per gallon on regular unleaded and during the winter it drops to 22 miles per gallon. Parts and service are abundantly available since this vehicle was manufactured for so many years with so little changes. This vehicle brand is still used by limousine and livery services, even though it was discontinued after 2011. I love this car.

Get one before they are all gone!
By Stevce M

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have long been a fan of the Town Car, it's classic looks, the floating/comfortable ride and long term dependability. That's why taxis and limos use them. I had to replace the fuel pump and the coil packs but at 110K, it was time. This car looks great for a 15year old ride and it has all the space a man and his family can ask for. Power is decent, and not an issue for me. I'll hold on to this car as long as the body holds out.

Favorite car
By William Watts

2003 Lincoln Town Car Premium Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had car almost 14 yes. In accident. Almost cried

I love Lincoln Town Cars! START MAKING THEM AGAIN
By Edwin Hite

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I went to a dealer who charged WAY too much; according to the value assessed on edmunds.com. My bad; I should have done some homework. I had an almost identical Lincoln Town Car that had 336,000 miles on it and it was going to cost more than it was worth to fix it so, I went to the dealer and was shocked to see the exact car...different color and THIS one has a sun roof....sitting there like it was waiting for me. At purchase, it had 92000 miles on it, so; based on my OTHER Town Car; this baby should have plenty of life left in it. I'm VERY happy with my purchase (except the paying too much part of it) ONLY problem is that the park assist only works when it's raining. But, that is the ONLY thing that isn't working.

Homicidal car at best
By sebago588

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this "Florida driven" vehicle in April of 2011. It had 70k original miles on it which was one of the selling points. The minute I drove it off the lot, the problems began. Power drivers seat died $360, a/c compressor $500, engine manifold cracked and leaked coolant all over engine damaging spark plugs and cylinders $2000+, bi-polar alarm system $450, engine shuts off randomly when driving but starts back up instantly(??) and this weeks newest problem is an exhaust leak which was estimated to be about $250 at local garage.
Next sedan will most definitely be either a Cadillac Deville or Mercedes S-Class. This Town Car is a death trap on wheels.

Heated seats for those cold days, air suspension system delivers ride unlike no other, automatic windshield wipers, prestigious "look at me, I have money look", two way opening console, factory Alpine stereo has amazing bass and superb sound, reverse park-sensing system is a must for a vehicle this size and has also saved a life once or twice, 22/mpg for someone like me who has a "lead foot", acceleration is responsive and powerful especially in those emergency "get out of this lane quick!" situations. RWD sporty performance in a car that our grandfathers drove is pretty impressive

Too improve this care is a moot objective at this point since Town Car is no longer in production. However, I would say to beef up the climate control system to blow air a little faster instead of the current light breeze that comes out now on high. Also, I would suggest that Ford go back to using metal manifolds instead of these cheap plastic ones that constantly break from expanding/retracting in this South Florida heat. Finally, listen to your consumers. If the above listed problems are happening to myself and millions of others, perhaps Ford/Lincoln needs to return to the drawing board.