Used 2001 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Town Car deserves 2nd chance!
By Fay

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent riding, driving car! You won't find a more comfortable ride than a full size Lincoln. Truck gives you plenty of room, can carry 5 people easily, This is my 3rd Lincoln and I am so sad that the company's last model was made in 2011. I hope the great minds will determine a way to meet EPA requirements and keep this marvelous vehicle going.

It's like driving a recliner
By Jeremy

2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2001 town car a few months ago for my wife. We absolutely love it. We recently drove it on vacation it has around 200000 miles on it and was as smooth as a new one. We averaged 26 mpg it has tons of power. This is the first car i could drive for 7 hour's and jump out of it as if I had only drove it 30 minutes.

2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier is one of the best!
By D. S

2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

They FLOAT over the road surface... not as floaty as the 90's Tow Cars, but yes, they still float. With air ride bumps are not even a consideration. Personally I don't want a sports car feel that corners like its on a rail. I like that floaty-boaty feel! When your spending big money for luxury car.. that's exactly what you want it to feel like, period! The engine is as storing is the day I bought it.. and the appearance is just as good. Every vehicle acts differently depending on who the owner/driver is, and mine has been somewhat pampered. With just over 191 THOUSAND "and not stopping anytime soon", its my daily driver. 117,000 miles out of the factory brakes before needing a change. Just bought the 3rd battery, and went the first 10 years without spending a cent. Finally at 150,000 miles the air ride shocks started to weaken, so I had them changed for another set. NO! I did not resort to coil & springs! No even an option. Other than that, I have adored this car since the day it was built. Only a very few complaints.. and not the car itself, but the design. Who's bright idea was it to make the headlights detachable (for bulb changing purposes I guess) lock in place with 3 tin clips? When hitting a hard bump, they wobble. And its noticeable to me and drivers in front of me. Secondly, the easy in/exit moving seat stopped working early on. Dealer said he's surprised I got that far. He told me.. don't last, never did, hasn't seen one work right since day one. I would have had it fixed, but it required full seat replacement.. and cost huge money. Thankfully it stopped in the exact position I use and like. Other than that, I am shooting for 250, thousand. These Town Cars last forever. Gas mileage is good. Rated at 17&25. 6 disc CD changer in the trunk. HUGE trunk. And eve after 15 years, its still unmistakably Lincoln. People ask.. when are you going to buy a new car. Answer: when they bring Town Car back! I'd rather drive a 15 year old Lincoln, htan something lesser that's brand new.

My 7th Lincoln
By nbay29

2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My first one was a 1949 Baby Lincoln. I've had other makes in between, but now I'm on my 7th: an 84, two 96s, a 99, an 04 and now an 01. The 04 was a complete dud. From the engine, to the differential, to the accessories, it was junk at 77,000 miles. Very well satisfied with the other six. Comfort, mileage, reliability, fun to drive----what more could you ask?

my 1st car
By danjb94

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this is my 1st car and as a 17 year old driving around a Town Car I have to say it is awesome. Mine has only 71k miles on it so it's still a baby when it comes to these cars. Only problem I've had is I had to replace the idle air control valve last week because it went bad and the car would stall out at idle, but $80 for a new one off rock auto and it was done! Couldnt ask for a cooler 1st car!!! I'm still amazed that I get 30+ MPG on the highway for such a big car.

sunroof, seating for 6, 30+ mpg on highway