Used 1997 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Still in my Garage after 20 years.
By Jerry Bowen

1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

My Favorite, over my Mercedes, Lexus, Mustang, another Lincoln. I think we are joined at the hip. I meet the nicest people, wanting to discuss, and purchase, this unusual Automobile. After building 7 years of them, 1990-1996, They knew how to do the 1997. And I drive 4,000 miles per year.

My blackie
By Marie alvarez

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

It's a beautiful gorgeous and very fancy car.gorgiouse I loved my car had it for 6 years .it needs original parts so it can last longer .husband was putting used parts that's why they had to be replaced alot and very expensive and hard to find parts.overall it's a very comfy . spacious limo looking car.worth having around.i sold mine cause of money issues,which caused me to get depression,and other sickness over my beloved car.good news I will get another asap!!can't live without my Lincoln.

My tank
By Caleb

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in desperation as my previous car had left me all but broke.It had been sitting for over a year,and I wasn't sure about Ford products,but it fit into my tiny budget.I put a new battery in and it fired right up; I got the fuel system cleaned and the ball joints greased,my mechanic said that's all it needed.I figured I'd keep it for a few months until it wore out so I could get a better car.That was over three years ago,and it's still going strong.Have invested maybe $550 in it(including new tires),and considering how long it sat,that's nothing.Haven't had to do any repairs besides when I first got it,and that wasn't its fault.The air suspension has had a slow leak since I got it,but as long as you can live with the suspension light on it won't cause a problem.Have been meaning to convert it,just haven't got around to it yet.I absolutely love my car and would definitely buy another.Smooth,quiet,and comfortable,very safe(if you have to go through a seedy area no one bothers you).At 190,000 miles,I get an average 18.7 mpg according to the computer,which is what it says it got when new.I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable older car.

Grandmothers ride
By Mark elvers

1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Used by an elderly couple, garaged, runs good and huge trunk.

Luv my Beastie !!!
By Ginger Patterson

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

This car was given to me by my mother who had gotten it from a friend of the family. She gave it to me for my birthday. I've had to do very little repairs to it. He has driven strong for me. I definitely drive my vehicle hard. They have to be able to keep up with me. Even though this car is a luxury cruise car, he is my Beastie. He drives so strong & sounds so smooth. He gets very good gas mileage. He gets about 17-18 miles in town & I'd say about 25-28 miles on the highway. This car has now got over 300,000 miles on him right now & still going strong. Purzzzz like a kitten drives like a Beast. Very reliable car. The one thing that I would say about the car is that there is too much play in the steering wheel. But that could've have been something to do with the previous owner.