Used 1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:

Built to last

fl_strider, 04/10/2012
Executive 4dr Sedan

My 95 Town Car was left to me after a family member passed away. That was 16 year ago. I have driven the car 417,000 miles since then. This car is about as bullet proof as you can get. I've had Honda's, Acura's and even a Lexus during the whole time I've owned this car. I have to say the Lincoln is just old school comfort plain and simple. It's not fast and it certainly no sports cars in the corners either. This car is built to cruise and on the highway she does a solid 23 mpg. I've recorded 25 mpg but that was before the lousy E10 gasoline came our way. The weak link in Town Car is by far the rear air suspension however you can buy the parts cheaply and they are easy to replace.

95 best year of all for town cars.

solarfolks, 05/24/2013
Executive 4dr Sedan

I own 3 Town Cars, a 95, 96 and 97. The 95 is by far the most responsive car to drive, great transmission response when accelerating, unlike the other two years that feel you may not really want to go fast and take their sweet time in down shifting. A further plus is the 95 runs on regular, the other two years really need high test to not ping. If you keep your foot out of it around town the mileage is really pretty good, and the 95 seems to be better than the other 2 years by about 1 MPG at 22. I have 260K mile on 96, 125K on the other 2. 96 is about shot, runs great, all the bells and whistles failing. Bad things - the window systems flat suck. the front end wears out after 100K miles. Found a new bad thing-when the electronics go wild, speedometer, radio, or anything else, it is often the diodes in the alternator. Rebuilt alternators do not always replace the diodes, so a cure can be a challenge. I go to a local rebuilder.

Big, Comfortable, Luxury Ride with outstanding Reliability

jrodd1, 08/12/2011
Executive 4dr Sedan

Lincoln has done a wonderful job with this automobile. Bought the car in 2010 with 100,000 miles. Now August of 2011 has 130,000, and the only trips to the mechanic were for brakes and oil changes. Car ride tremendously, especially with the air bag suspension. The 4.6l V8 to this day doesn't burn or leak anything!!! Love the leather seats, and all the power amenities. Only issue I have had with the car was putting a driver said regulator in. Great car, cranks every single time, rides great, can put 5 big adults in car. I get around 19-20mpg average with a 20 mile commute, but last year i got 28mpg hwy on a trip to NC!!! Love this car, and will definitely buy another Towncar!

3rd Generation town car owner

jkdet, 09/29/2010
Executive 4dr Sedan

Never owned a Lincoln before now. My pop passed and he left me with his pride and joy 95 town car. (That his dad gave him when he passed in 1999) This car is for the BIG MAN. It has plenty of leg and head room and the ride is out of this world smooth. It does have the power to get up and go if you need it. The only down fall I see is the fuel mileage is only about 13-16 in the city and I have not got it on the highway for a road trip yet so don't know about the highway mileage. Thanks Lincoln from the 3rd generation of town car owner.

Comfort Over Performance

BillyBobJoe, 11/19/2003
Executive 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable and easy to drive. Exceptional interior and trunk room. Exceptional gas mileage for large car with V8. Handles well for large car. Well built with no rattles. Engine runs well, but have had starting problems on occassion that can't be explained.