Used 1994 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Town Car for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

A real sleeper...GREAT CAR!

Erik, 02/13/2010
Signature 4dr Sedan

89k miles when we got it, now 250k. Still runs fantastic, just burns a quart every 2-3k mi. Online Lincoln forum helps greatly to pinpoint repair issues and save repair costs. Same chassis as Crown Vic police interceptors so rodding mods available. Comfortable, huge interior and trunk, gets 24+ highway on regular gas, 21 mixed. "Greener" than most Subarus! Replaced expensive rear air springs with coils, $150 vs $2000, added Sensatracs and you can't tell the diff in the ride. Oil smoke problem at 150k miles is fixable, it's the right bank valve seals. 99% of perceived engine and tranny issues are cured with fresh Motorcraft copper plugs and Motorcraft plug wires every 50 k miles.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Most reliable car I have owned

dulciboy20198, 01/25/2011
Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought this car last year and I have put 20K miles on it. It has always started right up. At 176K the engine burns a little bit of oil. I average 20mpg with a combination of city (25%) and highway (75%) miles. The only issues I have had were the air suspension, climate control computer going bad, hinge pin going bad and the cornering lamp lens falling off.

awesome

todd, 03/14/2009
Cartier 4dr Sedan

just bought this for 2500 easily worth twice that. car is immaculate, and well serviced. absolutely stunning, and a joy to drive.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Very Nice

anonymous, 04/13/2009
Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle at 186k miles and it still runs perfect. This car is very reliable, comfortable and smooth.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Great Lincoln Exec

MERT, 07/14/2005
Executive 4dr Sedan

Great car! If the new ones get any smaller it will be the last Lincoln that I will buy.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Finally a car for the obese man!

MartinB.heart, 01/15/2003
Signature 4dr Sedan

I have always had trouble finding a car that could handle my girth, but after 20 years of blood, sweat, and tears I have finally found a car that is ideal for the obese man. The Lincoln town car can easily handle a driver weighing up to 600lbs, and I being a few pounds short of 480, am a very fortunate man indeed. Well, need I say more?

4.88 out of 5 stars

My Lincoln

Lincolnsforme, 01/30/2004
Signature 4dr Sedan

142,000 miles and it still looks and runs as good as new. The car has been very reliable.I had a 1989 Mark VII before I got the town car,I thought I would never find a car I likked as well as the LSC,but I was wrong,the Town Car is even better.

Great Car

J Rowland, 02/01/2003
Signature 4dr Sedan

This car has been one of the most pleasant, comfortable, and actually economical cars I've owned in the past 25 years. Currently I have 168K on the car and I still average 17mpg in the city and 26mpg on highway trips. The 4.6 engine has been a jewell, and has plenty of power for a car this size. The most expensive work performed on the car has been normal oil changes. My biggest complaint would be the cost of gasoline today.

Great Highway Cruiser

Rod103, 01/09/2004
Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought off a 2 year company lease at 1/2 price. Only 3 minor mechanical failures in 8 years. Dealer repair very expensive so did myself except for trunk auto latch at $192! Stay out of Lincoln dealers. Can drive at 72 mph on Interstate all day without any fatique. But wind noise increases above 72 mph due to old box body design. HWY mileage 25 mpg at 72 mpg. In-town drops to 17 mpg. Just started using 1 qt of oil by 3000 mile change.

many miles still going