Used 2006 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

My 20 year love affair with Navi’s
By Karen Heinberg

2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this vehicle. I’ve been driving Navigators for almost 20 years. I owned one for five years, one for three years, and this last one for 12 years (bought it in October 2006). I hate to let it go, but my kids are now grown, and I don’t need this much vehicle any longer. All three of my Navigators have been reliable, and service at my dealership has been fantastic. I feel like a member of the family there. The ONLY Downside is fuel economy. Terrible in the city (9-10) Slightly better on the highway (17). 2006 was the last year that the Navigator was made without an auxiliary or USB port. That technology came out starting in 2007.

Luxury Workhorse
By Charles Robertson

2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This beast has been a pleasure. It has hauled our family of seven on several trips to Florida, hauled boats and jet skis, and innumerable trips to Home Depot, while making the trips to the grocery store and school functions with ease. The 4WD/AWD makes it feel very safe in bad weather, and although we haven't needed much in the way of service it was easy to get worked on, no matter where we were (not so much with our BMW!) The power rear seat and video options made this a kid cruiser without equal. This isn't a practical vehicle for everyone, but it was a wonderful choice for us. 40k miles, no regrets.

Slide out running boards, power rear seats, video, navigation, on the fly 4WD/AWD, a/c seats, rear air, HID lights, sunroof, power liftgate.

Better AM radio reception. Heated rear view side mirrors.

Lincoln Experience
By Mike Rawlins

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2000 Navigator for a new 06. This is my 25th year to drive Lincolns and this is my last Lincoln. The truck is nice to drive and visually appealing but the fit and finish are terrible. (2) trips to the dealer for interior repair, (3) trips for the Sirius radio repair and finally took vehicle to Visteon retailer for repair (bad unit) (1) trip to fix. The final deal breaker was the left power fold mirror not retracting. The truck was 34 months old and had 36,400 miles and Ford would not provide warranty repair. I was told by the Service Manager that if the mirror glass were broken, and I had glass coverage, they could bill my insurance company. Unbelievable!

Power lift gate, 6 speed transmission, great design throughout.

Build quality, pre-sales quality control, and a professional approach to warranty responsibilities.

Best Vehicle I've Owned
By Gary747

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very comfortable to travel in, and definately noticed when on the road. Like it or not, people sometimes DO judge you by what you drive. Sound system, remote folding mirrors, retractable running boards, air- conditioned front seats and electric tailgate all get comments. The third row seating is adult sized, and the electric folding seat option is worth having. With judicious driving I get 18 mpg without much effort, but average 15 mpg. There is a big difference between city driving and cruising with this car. I've maxed 21.7 mpg on one perfect trip to LA.

I appreciate the sealed transmission (never check or add oil), overall reliability, and spacious comfort.

Third seat storage areas in the wheel wells would be nice. I miss an instantaneous mileage display, but can make the average mileage work for me. Another 12-volt plug in the front seat area would be nice.

2006 Navigator, my 4th
By hilnavigator

2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After having a 1998, 2001, 2003, and now a 2006 Navigator, I must say the 2003 overall ride/performance was the best. The 2006 engine noise is more on hard acceleration, the 6 speed transmission still has shift issues, especially in slow traffic, lots of clunking and ruff shifts. My 06 now has only 18,000 miles. Need for premium gas is a negative when gas was running 4 plus bucks a gallon. Could have better ride on rough roads, original Michelin tires ride not as good as Continentals. Replaced with Pirelli 20 in, as supplied on 2007's, nice riding tires, & looks great with 07 rims, but a noisy bumpy ride for first 10 minutes till they round out, but great in snow. Lower radiator hoseclamp failed

Black monotone package, fold flat 3rd row seats, 2nd row bench.

Retune to use regular gas, need new program for 1st year 6 speed transmission shift points, let heated/cooled seats operate for more than 15 minutes or so