Used 2005 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Lincoln Navigator

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT
By Rick

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2005 fully loaded ultimate 4x2 navigator in September 2009. I had two jeeps and a fully loaded dodge ram pickup prior to this navigator and there is no comparison. I love my navi. It drives like a dream the engine is powerful and smooth. Love the air suspension fills like your riding on air. I will drive it until the wheels fall off and then my next car will be a navigator

love the heated and cooled front seats and all the power features. I also love the touch screen navigation w/voice activation feature. I love it inside and out

Needs to Improve
By ubgoofy2003

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned Ford products before & this Lincoln has had more things go wrong with it than even a F-150 pickup that I owned previous to this. Too much plastic where strength is needed & the control center(information) is located in such a hidden place, it is almost impossible to read in daylight. The center armrest council is imposible to open, unless you use both hands, & turn your body towards it. It should lift from the side, where it can be done with one hand. For a LUXURY car, the grill is plastic & should not be. I believe a luxury car should be of more quality than this, not just added assesories. The only advantage of this car, over a Isuzu Rodeo, is size. Needs Quality !!!!!

Convenience of size is about all, with fold down rear seating. Don't need all the frill's.

Listed above, too much plastic, poor fuel economy, just not quality built. Should have better display of control center(on Dash).

Driving my Beast!
By Linny

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 3 Jeeps, 1 Honda Pilot and none compare to my 2005 Navi. I bought it recently 20,000 miles. Just awesome all the way around. Black in color with all the trimmings...totally loaded. I actually have gotten a little better mpg than I had imagined. Very comfy even in the third road. I am going to invest in the Catch all brand of floor mats to protect the carpet and who could ask for more??? Love it! loVe iT! LOVE IT!

Sound system, roominess, remote start, DVD player...the ride and easy handling.

Can't think of anything so far...It is the total package.

Navigator #2
By bk183

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I like the look of the Escalade a little better but after test driving 3 different then the 05 Navigator there was no comparison. The Navigator out handled, was quieter, smoother ride, and just easier to drive. Big improvement over my 01 which was no slouch. I have to say, so far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Heated seats

Gas mileage is bad

3 Great Years
By Mark L

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Our Navigator is 3 years old with 45,000 miles and has had no issues. The maintenance is very inexpensive but definitely is not fuel efficient, averaging around 13 miles per gallon. Very pleased with this purchase will likely keep this one for at least another 45k miles.