Used 2003 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Lincoln Navigator

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

More than a Luxury SUV
By Jimmy

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

!For anyone looking for a powerful towing vehicle with the ability to have the luxury to go along with it, this is it. I pull a 30ft. camper with a weight of 7500lbs and let me tell you that this SUV is a beast. My first trip was about 12 hours one way and the return trip I was caught in a bad storm and the Navigator handled like I champ. I love bragging about what a awesome vehicle I own. The family and I have been to 3 camping site's and people can't believe how I came to choosing the Navagator. Typically the norm was large pick up's, Chevy Suburbans and the Tahoe. I can say I pushed this SUV to the max, including towing uphill in the mountains. This is not a Ford Expedition by any means!

Towing power, smooth ride, navigation, DVD

None. I could complain about the fuel economy but we knew what we were getting in to.

Awesome!
By lincoln4life

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best SUV yet! As soon as we bought it, we were soo happy, it looks great, and even when it is customized with 22 inch rims. It still rides smooth, I really love this vehicle, props to lincoln for making it. This vehicle will go very far, all the models from 2003-2006 are awesome! The vehicle year model of my Lincoln Navigator is 2003, which I think beats the 2004,2005,2006. Mainly for the fact that, it was in the making to have a new body, and being totally redisigned, it's all because of 2003, that people have been buying Navigators. I really enjoyed driving this vehicle, I do not wish to buy any other SUV, this can beat any out there, whether it be escalade, hummer etc

I really like the dvd player/tv in the back. Also the GPS system is great, even the folding seats got me, I also love the running boards. The Lincoln Navigator, is clearly is the best SUV out there, and the most reasonably priced. I also love the heated/ Air conditioned front captain seats'.

In my opinion there have to be no changes. This SUV, is better than any other SUV, for real, it clearly needs no changes at all. That's in my opinion, but the only change I wish to have is that, there should be a little space, for you to hook up something like an XBOX, and have it bolted on in there

great suv
By ultimate

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

my '98 was nice but this one is great! i tow 6000 lbs. and it handles the task without complaining. sold my '98 with 173k miles with only regular service, alternator, air ride compressor and a coil pak. i call that not bad.

fold flat power 3rd row seats, easy access 2nd row seats, power lift gate, hi intensity headlights, power running boards.

soften up the overall look of the dash. sideview mirror moves when door is closed.

best suv to date
By deno

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The worse the weather the more I love the navigator. It shows its true colors in snow, rain, ice, nor'easters and blizzards. Definitely getting another one.

Paying for looks, not substance
By Jon

2003 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Problems include: alternator that went out 800 miles after warranty, torque converter and other associated parts needed to be replaced at 75,000 miles, outside door panels that vibrate on interstate, the memory on the outside mirrors have amnesia- they never go back to the same place after they are moved. 13.5 mpg (which I expected. If you are buying one, be prepared to spend some money at the service department.

Exterior style, interior style

Reliability! Quality of parts used when building.