2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Impressive Automobile
By John Borkowski

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a hybrid for the last five years but I now need a larger trunk. Scott McCarty, from Plaza Lincoln in Leesburg, FL, located a used MKZ 2.0L I4 GTDI engine with 6 speed transmission with 10000 miles which I purchased. I hoped to get 25 mpg. I have put 2000 miles on the car since. I am pleased to find I get 27 mpg overall. My mpg at 70 - 75 mph averages 32 which is the same as my hybrid. The engine is very smooth - feels like a V8 - with plenty of power. The car has a very comfortable ride and has may standard features that you pay extra for on other cars. The car handles very well at both high and low speeds. It has a great warranty and service from Lincoln and the dealer. A very large power trunk, intelligent access with push button start which is very convenient. It has ten way power seats both passenger and driver with power lumbar. The driver seat has memory and they are both heated and cooled. It has heated power mirrors with security approach lamps and adaptive LED head lamps. Navigation and rear view camera. In other words - it is loaded!

Looker...needs a couple of refinements inTHX, Nav.
By Doc

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got the reserve trim with multi-contour (multi-inflatable, infinitely customizable, massaging) seats, Luxe Metallic, THX sound system, 10 spoke wheels with painted slots that almost match the Luxe paint. It's a great looking car especially with the after-market 35% transmissive side and rear window tint. Very comfortable, very quiet. Michelin tires were unexpected. Got 40.3 mpg freeway miles back from dealer at 70-75 mph. Been averaging 38 in all around local driving, mostly suburban. Luxe paint I really like--goes from a pewter gray with a hint of taupe and even gold in certain light angles. Wife not crazy about it. I thought it was an interesting switch from the silvers and grays that have been out there for many years. She wanted white, which to me says, "fleet car". Interior is very modern, flat, and simplified with touch screen and finger sensitive volume and fan sliders. Fan speed noise is well muffled except at higher settings (as opposed to the Toyota Avalon which we also test drove). It had too European, stiff handling, stiff ride for long distance cruising, at least in the high end trim. Controls were all very configurable. My only complaints are two: (1) the THX system is a waste of money in my opinion. Yeah, it's powerful and can be set up with a booming base if you like, BUT, the THX system adds that center speaker (in addition to the traditional stereo left and right channels). That works well in a home or movie theater, but first of all you can't get surround sound very easily because most media doesn't contain the surround channels. Sirius satellite does not broadcast surround to automobile receivers (I called them). FM HD doesn't contain it (I called 2 station engineers). CD's generally do not have surround encoded although you supposedly can get them. Reportedly there also are DVD recordings that contain surround sound, but who buys either of these any more? Some MP3 downloads reportedly have surround sound so that would likely be your only chance of using this feature. You can set your THX system to chose between "stereo" and "surround". I heard no difference in any of the media I played through it. But this is the real killer: The front center speaker's volume is factory fixed at 2 to 3 times the volume of the left and right speakers. This pretty well swamps out the stereo effect that you would hear from the side speakers. They may of well just left out the left and right channels and had just the center speaker. You can compensate somewhat by fading the sound mostly to the rear which diminishes the effect of that loud center front speaker. If you read the forums you'll see that some have just disconnected the front center speaker, and others replaced the side speakers with more sensitive ones in an effort to balance out the center speaker volume. An extra $1,000 option--forget it--not worth it. At least listen to the standard Lincoln audio system, then the THX, before you get excited about the THX "experience". Don't be swayed by the demo THX theater 30 sec. playback. They just juggle the relative volumes of all the speakers to make it sound impressive. Doesn't pan out anything close in reality.

Number (2): The voice command Nav. system is still about 5 years behind the times. This is a typical litany to find the tinting company we used for our car which was T_N_T : "Navigation". (response asks for next menu item) "Point of interest or POI". (response asks for near here or city) "I gave it our City". (response asks if you want to search by name or location). "NAME" (response asks to give the name) "T_N_T" (response was totally confused--doesn't like letters rather than a word. Eventually it asks if you would like to spell POI) "T_N_T". (response was clueless). After about 5 minutes I just gave up. So if you're looking for a business called "ABC" or similar forget it. Also clueless about trying to find a "Tegg" avenue. Spelling no help either. However, if I said "Tegg Avenue" then it worked. So apparently you better know whether your location name is a street, avenue, or road or you may not get anywhere. My $150 Garmin is far superior.

Stunning looks/but bland overall
By GM2FORD

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Although the car presents itself beautifully on the road and is a "real looker", there are some things in the interior that need to be changed. I have the rust colored one (not red) and I get compliments daily on how beautiful the color combination is on the car. This is my first hybrid and I wanted a luxury car that looked unique and offered luxury amenities that I was used to in my Cadillac CTS and offer really good gas mileage. Well, if you are looking for 39/40mpg, don't bother with this car. I am extremely disappointed in the gas mileage, I am getting 28-30mpg overall, not even close to what Lincoln estimated that the car would get, very disappointing, since I was looking at the Lexus ES300 hybrid as well. The interior is nice, but the seats don't wrap/hug around you, although they are very comfortable and the retractable headrest doesn't adjust forward enough for me to be 100% comfortable. The console storage is awkward to say the least, it has two levels which you have to tweak your hand to get under and place phone keys, wallet, or whatever you want to put under there. It is cramped and tight!
The steering for me is a bit "boaty", but it still handles well on the road. The pickup isn't as quick as I would like at times, but that is something I will have to live with for the next 2 - 1/2 yrs since I leased mine and that was the smartest thing I could have done!
The stereo/Sirius radio is great, the retractable side view mirrors are a nice touch/sunroof/moonroof is nice too. The electric trunk is actually quite roomy considering the battery is in there, so no complaints on storage back there. The rear and front parking sensors are a must and are very helpful even with the backup camera.
All in all, I would rate the car a 3.6 out of 5! If the car actually got the 39/40 mpg, I would have rated it around 4.2/5. If you are looking for a beautiful exterior design then this is the car! If you want a car that offers a bit more in the interior, then look elsewhere.

MKZ Hybrid is an amazing car
By aranala

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had not owned an American car in 40 years, since I purchased a Buick Skylark, used. In the intervening years I have owned several Volvos, MBs, BMWs, and AlfaRomeos, so I purchased this Lincoln with great hesitation.
I chose it because I wanted a mid size confortable car with great mileage. The MKZ, after 900 miles is proving to be a very lucky or wise decision.
The MKZ is silent even at 90 MPH on the Florida Turnpike, steering is responsive, tight, ride is like you want it to be, comfy or sporty, the seats are like first class in Lufthansa and it has the quietness of a concert hall to enjoy the jazz coming out of the HD system.
And I´m getting 43 MPG on the second tank. Amazing.

The quietness inside the cabin. The seats. The continuos variable transmission.

There are too many screens related to the mileage. One should suffice.

A Stand out Car among a group of generic looking ones
By silverrarity

2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked up my 2015 MKZ Hybrid on New Year's Eve and so far its a joy to drive. In the past I've had an Acura TL and 2 Corvettes. The car I traded in for the Lincoln was a 2008 Toyota Prius and although I loved the Prius I was totally disgusted with Toyota's Service Department and never felt they treated me as a valued customer.
I had done research on the Lincoln months ago and since I wanted another Hybrid with some Luxury Lincoln fit the bill all the way around.
I was impressed with its look and decided to do some hands on research. I love the look of the BMW, Acura and Audi 5 but overall the Lincoln offered better Quality and used Regular Gas instead of Premium like its competition.

The navigation, climate, entertainment, etc. system which I had read so many negative comments about initially put me off the car but I decided to find out for myself and have found the system to be very intuitive to use. I am not into technology AT ALL, I don't even have a cell phone but the system is VERY EASY to use there isn't even a learning curve. I also have the panoramic sunroof but it being January, I've obviously not used it yet. Overall I'm enjoying the car immensely and have yet to find anything negative to write about the car.

So far there is nothing that i can find about the car that needs improvement. Its beautiful to look at (Black on Black) and a joy to drive with a very compliant ride and great safety features.