Used 2013 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Lincoln MKZ

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Stay Away from This Car
By rudyway

2013 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2013 MKZ fully loaded with all options. This car has problems left and right. The build quality is very very cheap. I honestly now understand why I should never buy an american car. The key is broken and the dealer is saying it is not covered under warranty. the plastic cover on top of the windshield is broken and not covered under warranty. How is this not covered under warranty? and they are telling me it is $450 to have that replaced.

Really nothing. I hate this car so much and I feel like I got ripped off big time. Biggest mistake of my life. Take my advise and stay away. I can send you pictures if anybody is interested. This car is a complete failure in every way

Better quality parts and better engineering. No quality control. Terrible terrible.

Great Balance of Style, Substance, and Economy
By ajayla

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car certified when it came off lease. There was simply no other models offering the combination this one did. I considered Fusion hybrids, which are obviously similar, but found no price difference.

The "lifetime" fuel use over 20,000 miles is just under 39 mpg. Considering the level of luxury, this is pretty great. Coupled with a solid ride, responsive handling, and all the systems it provides, the Lincoln makes a compelling case.

The changes between hybrid and engine modes are very subtle. The start-stop system on even BMWs is rough in comparison. Power is not a high point, but it's there when needed.

UPDATE

Two years later, the car is still going strong. I've had a few minor issues -- automatic lights (finally fixed on third attempt) and juddering panoramic sunroof operation when baking in the sun (still not resolved after four attempts). While the dealer has been excellent in providing loaner cars, thus minimizing inconvenience to me, I see a tendency to update software rather than look deeper. (For example, the automatic lights needed a new sensor.)

I remain very impressed by the technology, though the learning curve was pretty steep.

The main disappointment, which I knew going in, has to do with the power output of the engine, the tendency for the CVT to drone when accelerating hard, and the general harshness, vibration, and sound of the gas engine. These are imperceptible when driving moderately, but definitely detract from the smoothness of the driving experience when, for example, accelerating on a grade.

But these are the traits of a hybrid. I continue to average between 37 and 38 MPG in hilly urban terrain. That's more than twice the efficiency of my prior car, which had nowhere near the level of sophistication and was smaller and lighter. While I don't drive a lot, I feel good to be doing my part, and doing it discretely. Yes, there is a slight lack of polish in the drive train, but it's not significant in the overall picture.

As for value, I took advantage of heavy depreciation when I bought the car as it was coming off lease. I imagine that the depreciation has continued, though at a slower pace. I appreciate that the car design did not change in any significant way in four years. Now the front is different, but the rest of the car is the same, so it still looks current., Would I buy this car again? If it were 2015 again, yes. In the past two years, though, there have been major technological advances and a broadening of options, so I might give consideration to other cars.

2013 Lincoln Hybrid (Lemon)
By zbrid2013

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car in 2013 and it received only 36 MPG and I was sold on 45 MPG combined. Instead of Ford offering me a new car that actually worked, I had to file a complaint under the Lemon Law. The case has been settled and they have purchased back the car.

Wonderful car with great MPG
By jimma

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2013 MKZh , Driving this for a year and half. Was very concerned about buying a Lincoln as I always drove Honda Accords coups (EXL) for last 20 years. I am completely satisfied with this car. I get 39 - 41 mpg , my 4cyl. stick Accord was getting 30. The car handles better than I thought and has enough power for any road situations , I drive turnpikes and large highways and have no trouble entering on ramps and passing large trucks. At 22,000 miles I still get a kick getting into the car. My update , now after four years I still feel the same. I have had no problems at all with the car,after 38,000 miles it still runs like new. Now at 42,000 car is running perfect , replaced back brakes change oil every 6 - 7000 miles. At 46,000 the rear shocks had to be replaced ,this was done under warranty.

4 months with the car and it exceeds expectations
By dano_pa

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the car with the panoramic sunroof in late July.
On the road I get about 38-40 mpg depending on how fast I am going.
Around town, I have gotten 47 mpg on certain trips, it all depends on my speed and the amount of hills.
I love almost everything about the car, it does get a lot of comments and lookers.
It is my first new American car ever and I am 55.
I have owned a BMW, Saab, 2 Volvo's, a Cadillac, two Nissan's a Toyota, a 2 VW's and a Renault.

It is quiet, comfortable, is a great car for a trip, I love the heated seats, remote start, the panoramic sunroof (very Jetson's) and everything works fine. Every time I fill it up, it seems to be less than $30, and I love that it takes regular gas. The seats are comfortable and offer excellent support. I drove to Morgantown to buy it and got a really fair deal. (I live in Southwestern PA)

My only observation after 4 months and 9,300 miles is that when it is raining and you open the trunk water follows the trunk line into the hinges and into the trunk if there is water on the car. It wasn't all that easy to get dealers in PA to call me back, the 20-somethings that sell Lincoln's in PA seem to be unresponsive, and I drove it home from Morgantown the day I test drove it.