2012 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Review: A lot to pay for a nameplate

2012 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Review

A lot to pay for a nameplate
By mcnerdy on

2012 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford needs to get serious about the luxury car game.
I had a 2011 Ford Fusion Sport AWD that cost $32k.
It was essentially the same car as my $39K, 2012 Lincoln MKZ and it had more features.
The only features I gained were; a little quieter ride, a softer suspension, and heated outside mirrors.
The features I lost were; Blind Spot Information System, Rear view camera, effects lighting, and alloy wheels.
You would think that $7000 would buy you more than a Lincoln emblem!

Fair acceleration. All wheel drive. Smooth ride.

We deserve more features for the money! Get rid of Ford SYNC. I've come to know it as Ford Stink! It didn't work in the Fusion and it doesn't work in the MKZ. It would be nice to get a little head-room too. The interior feels like it was made for Toyota sized drivers. Although the car is quieter than the Fusion, there is a lot of cheesy sounding engine noise. Did I mention that I think the MKZ is a lousy value? I would not buy a Lincoln again.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mpj2009
on 11/13/16 13:24 PM (PST)

The car may have been overpriced new, but if you can find a good price on a used one its well worth it. Owned one since January, paid $15,500 for mine with 28,000 miles on it and have been loving it since. Upgraded from a Cadillac, and while some of the interior features are not quite as nice the caddy, its been extremely reliable and has a lot of features the caddy did not.