Used 2007 Lincoln MKX SUV Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

love the ride
By bacdoc

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this vehicle 1 yr. with 10000 mi. on it. So far it has been very reliable, excellant in the snow with the stock all seasons. Seats are firm but very supportive. One trip of 2000 mi avg 25 mpg however driving lots of hills where we live is only 14- 15 mpg. Probably the nicest highway car we have owned, smooth, quiet and handles well.

Smooth ride, seats (cooled & heated), looks, lots of features.

Better gas milage around town, grab handles in front

Love it! Love it!
By musiceducator

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my dream car. After a year of looking and researching my husband and I ordered my MKX through our local dealer. It's been roughly a year a 4 months later and I still love my car. The car handles great. It navigates well in snow and on icy roads. The heated seats are great for our midwest winters. I have had strangers come up to me and compliment the vehicle. Their questions are met with rave reviews. I am leasing my vehicle and plan to get a new MKX when my lease is up.

The vista roof and interior trim. I also love the heated seats.

Softer rear seats. Update dash with brighter redesigned gauges.

Driving Me Crazy
By DC Driver

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the looks of the truck but it's been in the shop more than any car I've ever had. First, small things - I've had three turn signal lights replaced in less than two years. There's also a very noticable "clunk" in the transmission every now and then. Now the truck is cutting off periodically while I'm idling in traffic. The dealership "reset the computer" and it ran fine for a few weeks but it died on me again this morning in rush hour traffic. Very dangerous! I'm getting rid of it ASAP.

THX stereo

Improve build quality.

They need to get it right
By Fred Flint

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford needs to develop vehicles that can compete with off shore product. The MKX is own has had the head lamps replaced - the rear license plate light due to rust - the radio and NAV system replaced - the auto trunk opening motor and struts, a panel that had started to rust after only 19 months of service and roof moldings that wouldn't stay locked. The tires needed to be replaced due to 'cupping' attributed to a balance issue. The dealer provided the warranty service but didn't check alignment so I bought new tires. This is(was) my 10th and last Ford product. Just a heads up to future Ford/Lincoln Edge and MKX buyers - beware !

The NAV system - auto rear tailgate and adaptive head lights

Build better quality OR part suppliers who do.

Great Vehicle!
By rlwillia

2007 Lincoln MKX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Leased my MKX in March of 2007. After 16,500 miles and three long road trips of 1400 miles round trip and driving back and forth to work every day, this is an outstanding vehicle. No maintenance issues, reasonable gas mileage for an SUV, great features and very comfortable interior, seats, and drive feel.

Nav, comfort, large sunroof, interior fit and finish and feel, performance.

Nav with traffic updates, non-rusting brake rotors