Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Lincoln LS

View reviews for a specific LS model:

I LOVE IT BUT I WILL HAVE TO MOVE ON
By KELLYMC

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I must say that I love love love my car. It is stunning to look at and comming from a background of sports cars it is a super fun car to drive. Heads turn when people see this car comming down the road. There is a huge "but" in the midst of all of the things I love about this car! I have had to replace the window motor on the drivers side twice and the passenger side once. I have had gaskets replaced, coils 1,3,5 & 8 replaced and still have 4 more to go but can only get them replaced as they go out. The sun roof leaks but the crazy twist is that it fills up the pocket on the passenger door! I truly hate to get rid of the car but the repair costs are killing me!!!!!

Drive, comfort, looks and great sound system!

Recall this car for these reoccuring problems!

I hate my car. Ready to trade in
By I HATE MY LS

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 02 LS V8 three years ago and have had nothing but problems and costly repairs. It is a nice car to look at but is not worth the hassle.. Every part including tires are pricey. I will never by a Ford/Lincoln again. Gas mileage is bad. If thinking about buying one, do not!

Looks

Everything

I love my Lincoln LS
By WJS

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2004 and it had 20,000 miles on it. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It is sporty and is so pretty when it is all cleaned up. The V-8 makes for wonderful performance. I've looked on the internet and find that some new 6 cylinders don't get the mpg that I do with this one. (19 in the city and 26 on the highway)

Sun roof and the heated seats.

How can you improve on a Lincoln?

I love my car!
By cyn

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in 08, with 42000 original miles on it in immaculate condition. We went from a Chevy Blazer to the Lincoln LS. What a difference! We got the deal of the century, and couldn't be happier!

It drives/handles like a dream, and we love the sunroof! The heated seats are great for when it's cold out but we still want the windows & sunroof open.

We'd like to check our oil, and not have to take it to a mechanic just to add or change the oil.

The car is not bad
By Kyie

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful inside and out. Always receives compliments. Here are my gripes: just like eveone else is saying, the lenses get foggy. The transmission works, but it shifts like something is wrong with it. This car is not made to be serviced by the owner. No way to check the tranny fluid or replenish the a/c without bringing it to the dealership. Its hard to find a service manual as well. Last but not least, the radio contols on the steering wheel sometimes malfunction. I would never pay top dollar for the car, but if the price is right, good deal.

The look, and options even with the base version.

Tranny needs retouching. The light covers need to be sealed better. The repairs should be more owner friendly.