Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Lincoln LS

View reviews for a specific LS model:

My LS
By Lincoln JC

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS V8 three years ago and loved it in the begining. Start by saying I will never by a lincoln LS again. With a small block V8 didnt think the milage would be this horrible. The K&N filter did help out with more horse power and gas milage. Had to return the car the first week I had it cause of faulty power packs whatever replaced the spark plugs. That cost the dealer over 500 dollars. Transmission is HORRIBLE! after the warrenty company replaced it with brand new trans. Im still having problems. Cost me over 700 to replace alternator. 1200 in tires and window brackets 280 for only one door I have yet to replace the second rear window. would not recommend the Lincoln LS people.

The part that still works properly.

stronger power window equipment. more reliable transmission. Re-evaluate instument illumination light, for the shifter as well mind doesnt work anymore. Trasmission is the main concern with this car. I dont care to think about how many people are having the problems I am having with this car.

I LOVE IT BUT I WILL HAVE TO MOVE ON
By KELLYMC

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I must say that I love love love my car. It is stunning to look at and comming from a background of sports cars it is a super fun car to drive. Heads turn when people see this car comming down the road. There is a huge "but" in the midst of all of the things I love about this car! I have had to replace the window motor on the drivers side twice and the passenger side once. I have had gaskets replaced, coils 1,3,5 & 8 replaced and still have 4 more to go but can only get them replaced as they go out. The sun roof leaks but the crazy twist is that it fills up the pocket on the passenger door! I truly hate to get rid of the car but the repair costs are killing me!!!!!

Drive, comfort, looks and great sound system!

Recall this car for these reoccuring problems!

I hate my car. Ready to trade in
By I HATE MY LS

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 02 LS V8 three years ago and have had nothing but problems and costly repairs. It is a nice car to look at but is not worth the hassle.. Every part including tires are pricey. I will never by a Ford/Lincoln again. Gas mileage is bad. If thinking about buying one, do not!

Looks

Everything

I love my Lincoln LS
By WJS

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2004 and it had 20,000 miles on it. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It is sporty and is so pretty when it is all cleaned up. The V-8 makes for wonderful performance. I've looked on the internet and find that some new 6 cylinders don't get the mpg that I do with this one. (19 in the city and 26 on the highway)

Sun roof and the heated seats.

How can you improve on a Lincoln?

I love my car!
By cyn

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in 08, with 42000 original miles on it in immaculate condition. We went from a Chevy Blazer to the Lincoln LS. What a difference! We got the deal of the century, and couldn't be happier!

It drives/handles like a dream, and we love the sunroof! The heated seats are great for when it's cold out but we still want the windows & sunroof open.

We'd like to check our oil, and not have to take it to a mechanic just to add or change the oil.