Used 2001 Lincoln Continental Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Lincoln Continental

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Golden Girl's Lincoln
By Golden Continental

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When my husband purchased this care for me, I was surprised, I put the car on the highway the same day...I was impressed about the performance and gas mileage, it handled the road very well. When my husband is driving, I feel like I'm sitting in the living room, not to mention I'm five eleven (Head room a plus). Our kids enjoy the space in the back seat and the pull down cup console. Just unbelivable. I thought it was a granny car, but I soon found out...This is the car for me. My husband is searching for one for himself.

Side mirror adjustment, traction control saved me a few times, system control check and the chrome tires. My sound system and steering wheel controls. The engine is very powerful and quiet!

Why bother! If ain't broke don't fix it...But bring it back.

By Jimbo

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle as a "sometime" driver; have a company car to drive to work, and an old minivan for hauling stuff. So the Lincoln is used to go out with the wife, visit kids at college, or travel. I did not believe reviews I had read about this car's gas mileage, but I am getting around 24 mpg combined. This car effortlessly flies down the highway, and is like driving a leather recliner. The trunk is massive for suitcases, etc. I cannot believe that Lincoln stopped making this car. It is a luxury car, but people were probably afraid to buy it because of the V-8. And no, you do not need premium. I have no problem with regular unleaded in this thing. Buy one if you can!

Ride, gas mileage, comfort inside, spacious trunk, classy appearance.

Back seat could be roomier, air suspension could be quieter, it can be noisy at startup when adjusting.

Too bad its discontinued
By Kvegas

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice powerful 275hp V8. Front drive is good in the snow. Average 19 mpg in mostly city driving (not bad for the way I drive). Very comfortable front heated seats are nice. Handles well. This is my 4th lincoln and my second Continental. I really like the car and my wife likes it too. She just got a 2002 Continental. I don't know what to get to replace this car. I usually trade after 3 years but I may keep this one longer since i don't really know what to get to replace it. My only complaint is with the chrome wheels, the chrome is peeling off the back.

Heated seats with many adjustments. 275 hp V8.

Bring back the Continental with front drive or AWD V8. I am considering an Impala SS since it has front drive V8.

Best of the Lincoln Line
By Tom

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent Gas milage. Very comfortable on long trips. Sporty look and feel. The options of three ride modes and steering modes were a great feature that all sport enthusists will enjoy. The V-8 performance is a great engine to satisfy the high performance person. Why oh why did they stop making this line?

Feature steering and ride options.

Start the production again.

By superjohn

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

very nice car a true top of the line American Sedan. Lots of power and its smooth. The 275hp v8 is nice prem fuel is recommended but with the knock sensors on every cylinder its not needed 87 octane is fine. I went with the goodyear tires. and a K&N air filter I am getting 21mpg.

heated seats and Alpine stereo