Used 2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

UNHAPPY WITH 2004 AVIATOR
By odalys

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the car for almost 6 yrs. This is the 3rd time that the applique on the back of car has cracked. Also, my extended warranty just expired. Now car is at dealer with oil leak and thermostat problem. In the past had to have transmission repaired, the driving gear fixed. Air conditioner problems. Not happy right now. Third row is useless. Small space. Also when third row up, now trunk space. Have 3 kids so it's a problem, because not roomy.

dvd player

more trunk space,

40,000 and a few more problems
By Mongo

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Still a fine performer, but have experienced a few more issues. New starter, left rear window stopped working both fixed under warranty. Now the ABS light came on and the cruise control stopped working. I guess we will see the value of the extended warranty next. Still, nothing comes close on the highway.

The same as before, Power Styling Ride and Handling. Just wish build reliability was in this list.

I guess the need to haul in comfort will now have to be made in an Mark LT.

Disappointed Del
By Disappointed Del

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am so disappointed in my 2004 Lincoln Aviator. I really wanted a Lincoln Navigator and when I went on the lot and saw the Aviator, I thought I was getting a deal. My warranty ended last year, 4 years came first and 56,000 miles at this point and I have a burnt valve inside the head. $3,000 is the estimated price quote to repair this problem. I have had nice luxury cars all my life and this is my first and last Lincoln. I am so disappointed. I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima with 160,000 miles no problem, I have had a Honda with 200,000 miles and no problems. My first car was a Hyundai and I had a 100,000 + miles and no problems. I think I'll stick with foreign cars in the future.

I loved the exterior look, loved the interior look and thought this was going to be my SUV for the next 10 years.

Work on mechanics. A head job at 50,000 miles is ridiculous.

High Class. Low Price.
By Bojiphil

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have 90000 miles on it and its suspension still holds tight. No leaks. I am very pleased with my purchase. Even with gas over $4.50 a gallon the space and comfort is well worth it.

Air conditioned seats. HID lights. Wood steering wheel. Full sized spare. AWD.

One touch closing sun roof.

Alll in one
By D and T

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've never had a 300hp engine in my control before. I bought my wife this used lincoln aviator and now I drive it half the time! The interior is flawless, the engine is quiet but powerful. The controls are all within distance. I truely believe mpg is more reflective on the driver rather then the vehicle. My wife and I get 17.5 MPG average! We recently learned that driving within a certain speed helps MPG(read the manual) So I dont think the MPG too bad, just try not to be tempted by that 300hp engine. Exterior is decent, looks a bit better then the Mercury or the Explorer. I expected us to buy a Mountaineer, glad I didn't!

Those 300 horsies, heated/cooled seats, rear ac controls with ceiling of floor swtich. Awesome handling, AWD, Engine Maintenance System.

A little more room for 2nd row, my 2 year old daughter kicks my seat =(, better accessory reliability.(heat/ac seat mods have to be replaced, right side unlock botton needs to be replaced.), 4 wheele tire pressure readout.