Used 2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )

Lexus SC 430
By Judy Konos

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Simply put, I love my Lexus SC 430! It is drop dead gorgeous and commended by everyone, especially drivers on the road traveling beside me. The Amethyst color changes continually with the sun and shade and at nightfall. It hugs the exits from interstates as though there were no twists nor turns. It is extremely fast, comfortable, fun and most of all EXCITING. Lexus should be commended for all the time and effort that went into building his automobile.

The 24 second hard top to convertible. The handling is unbelieveable. The dependability of such a unique auto. Never has given me a moments trouble except I must continually say, "Thank You" and have decided to get a license plate that reads: THANKS

I do not think Lexus has anything to improve. I think they have perfection with the SC430

I Love This Car!
By Julieerick

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove the BMW, Mercedes, and the Lexus convertibles before choosing the SC 430. This was an easy choice after comparing the comfort, ride, and noise levels. The SC 430 has smooth and quick acceleration, has a quieter engine, and has little road noise due to the hard top. The car handles corners and speed beautifully. It's fun to drive, is a comfortable ride with the heated seats, and the sound system is awesome. The GPS and bluetooth systems are amazing and easy to use. I think I am a Lexus driver for life.

The ease of the top retracting into the trunk is great after having a soft-top on my last car. It is comfortable, has so many features that are easy to use, and the sound system makes the ride even better. I find that I like leaving work on time, just for the ride home...especially when it's sunny

The drink holder does not hold a water bottle very well ... a new design is needed.

Dream Car
By DKF

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car knowing less than 1/3 of its capabilities. The more I drive it the more I am amazed I am at what it can do. This is a FUN car.

Hard top to convertible in 25 seconds. In hard top mode it is extremely quiet and comfortable.

In convertible mode I would like the Audio protective cover to close automatically on turning the ignition off.

Linda Loves her Lexus
By Linda

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Lexus. It's more fun then my corvette. I started driving a Lexus in 1994 and I get a new one every 3 years. This last year I got a SC 430 it is by far the most fun to drive. Besides my grandchildren think it's a cool car.

I really like that the top goes up or down in 14 seconds. Yes, I did time it.

I do MISS the Lexus Link. I used it all the time. The worst thing I can say is my cell phone won't charge when the car is shut off. Hummm It takes a whole city block to turn this car around. I was used to the LS 400 turning on a dime.

Needs a bigger back seat
By garbvr

Mostly positive

Top.

Should have an undermount spare and seven plus inches more room for the back seat.