Used 2005 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus SC 430

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )

The best ever
By Darren Mclean

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It is very comfortable to drive. If I was to sell it I would make sure that it is in the best conditions that it could be in. It is so comfortable that you could sleep in as soon as you sit in it. It drives very smoothly. The interior design is very beautiful to my eyes. The exterior design is wonderful to my eyes. It is fun to drive.

Nice car
By charlyn

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car does not have a very good shock absorber system. It is very rough on the road, but it gets about 26mpg, which is better than I expected on highway driving at fast speeds. The car has a lot of power.

Retractable hard top

Larger tires to make better ride.

Lexus SC 430
By Lexus lover

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Best coupe convertible ever. More roomy than XLR or AMG 55 and better appointment and craftmanship than both of those. The cockpit is relaxed and functional. None of the convertibles tested would allow one to go down the highway with the top down and be able to talk without shouting and to listen to the stereo except the Lexus SC 430. We love ours and I am 6'2" and sit comfortably in the passenger seat. The passenger seat reclines to allow short naps on long trips. Not doable on the XLR or the MB AMG.

Hard top convertible-Mark Levison sound system- quietness of the engine yet 300 HP.

Larger sun visors, supercharger V6,

My current love
By ED

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've been driving for 60 years, have had at least 20 different cars and the same no of different makes. This is the best..

The available power is formidable and just the thing to get you out of trouble if you need it.

Like many modern makes, it is anoying that there is no independent bumper in front or back.The slightest touch by another car or truck can cause a very expensive replacement job.

Love the car
By SCDriver

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 911 for this car. While I miss the responsiveness of the 911, I won't miss the hassles with ownership, repair costs, etc. The SC430 is a pleasure to dive. The build quality is outstanding. I have the top down all the time unless its raining or sunny and over 90 degrees.

Bluetooth link to my cell phone. Retractable top. Lexus quality. Lexus Dealer.

Top-down should be one-touch. Keyless ignition.