Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus SC 430

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (101 reviews )

Super Car!
By Tim

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I drove standard shift sports cars for 17 years prior to getting my SC 430 and was thrilled with the reliability, style, acceleration capability and comfort of the SC 430. A great car that is exceptionally fun to cruise around in with the top down, and a grand road car with it up. However, there are some improvements that can be made.

Looks!, Convertible top mechanism and ease of use, cool features, raw acceleration power (when manually shifted)... it goes like a scalded dog.

In DRIVE my great grandmother would like it. In ECT PWR mode my grandmother would. Manual shifting allows the variable cam timing to do its thing - Super! Also, delete the run flat tires... they degrade the drive ability about 80%. Get regular performance tires and enjoy what the car can really do.

Best most satisfying car ever owned
By david

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Our SC 430 is the best most satisfying car we've ever owned. Reliable, still gets comments EVERY time it goes out in public. A great ego tripper as well as a driving trip. Although it has less than 25,000 miles, it is used every day. A joy to own and drive.

Gorgeous interior, sleek looks. 300 h.p. is nice...very nice

Rear camera, external turn signals in mirrors, audible back-up signal, better 3D nav system, more 12 volt outlets. Small towing pkg., low air in tires indicator for EACH tire.

Excellent
By SC430 Convertible

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed it, but certain small things are starting to go wrong ... brake light stays on when brake is not on, tire light stays on even though I have had them filled ... small things like that keep happening that are a bit annoying.

Guidance system, luxury

Put windshield washer on back window.

My Perspective
By frozenSC

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Overall a wonderful car! Sleek styling and Lexus quality to match. Obviously it's nothing more than a two-seater as the back seats aren't good for much beyond the briefcase or a bag of groceries. Performance comes alive in the midrange... don't look for fast acceleration off the line but others will soon fear you at about 40mph+

Lose the runflats!! It is an entirely different car without them

My First Lexus and First Convertible
By LexLaw

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

First off I could not have made a better choice. Mine is Indigo Blue w/ Saddle. I've driven various high end cars in my brief life (28) and have never experienced the kind of attention I get when driving my new SC (top up or down). My first Lexus and enjoy the headache free ownership that comes with it. I was previously in a Range Rover, nothing but electrical gremlins among other things. I wanted a MB CLK initially but wisely opted not to go with a softop or it's German Gremlins. I knew coming in that I'd have minimal space and could care less. I don't have any kids so it's just me and my Girlfriend and she loves it. The Interior along with its curb appeal are its best features.

1. Touch screen Nav w/ folding screen 2. Folding Hardtop Roof 3. Beautiful (so soft) Leather and Wood 4. Japanese Reliability with German Looks 5. Small Back Seats (no room for tag alongs) 4. Mark Levinson Sound Owns All Other Competition

Alright maybe just a little more back seat space for those few times you need it (Wink) Rain sensing wipers, Ipod connectivity (hey I love my music), Cooled front seats, Tip-Tronic Tranny, Remote roof control and Shouldn't all Luxury cars come with a Clear Bra??