Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used RX 450h for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best Family SUV for the Money

Emre Afsar, 08/09/2018
2018 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am an enthusiast and shopped for months for a larger family SUV. In terms of comfort, space, and fuel economy there is nothing in the market that comes close to the RX 450h. It feels solid and substantial behind the wheel. Effortless steering and acceleration, great visibility thanks to the A pillar and side mirror design. Whisper quiet at any speed and the hybrid powertrain works seamlessly. Definitely go with the upgraded 12.3 inch infotainment system as it has better input method with the joystick (as oppose to the wheel controller on the base system) and the definition of the screen is very high. Averaging 32 MPG on our first tank so far with the AC on all the time. Speaking of which it is the best AC system I have experienced in any car. Works in conjunction with the heated/ventilated seats and cools the cabin incredibly fast and works super quiet. No negatives or complaints so far, an excellent luxury mid-size SUV. Highly recommended!

My second Lexus

JS, 03/20/2019
2018 Lexus RX 450h F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I’ve had my RX450h F Sport for about 8 months now and have driven it for 8,500 miles. My lease was up on my 2015 IS 350 F Sport and I loved the color combo (Atomic Silver with Rioja Red) so I decided to go with the same combination on the RX. I’m also leasing this vehicle as I’ve never had a hybrid nor have I had any vehicles with a CVT. My original thoughts on the RX were that it’s a reliable, sleek Lexus that is affordable (compared to competition) and has a low cost of ownership. When originally test driving the RX Hybrid, I loved how smooth and quiet it was. My sister has a 2017 RX350, and I’ve had two of these as loaners. If you’re shopping for an RX, definitely consider both the 350 and the 450h. For 2018, Lexus reduced the price of the Hybrid. When comparing a fully loaded 350 vs. 450h, it was roughly $1k more for the hybrid. My RX has every option — 12 inch navigation package, Mark Levinson sound, parking assist, 360 camera, tribeam headlights, panoramic roof, tow prep package, etc. Pros - Lexus reliability and customer service - Smooth and quiet ride - F Sport adds a little more fun around corners - Red interior is gorgeous - Plethora of safety features - More than enough acceleration power for typical drivers (coming from someone who prefers small, sporty cars — I think the RX is plenty powerful) - Tribeam headlights are fantastic and the package comes with headlight washers, cornering lights, and self-leveling height - Extremely helpful 360 camera is a must-have (my favorite feature) Cons - Driver’s side exterior mirror shakes. The dealer replaced the entire mirror (swapped with a vehicle on their lot) but it still shakes. It’s not a one-off situation either — I’ve noticed the same in two loaner RXs (hybrid and regular) - F Sport seats have heavier side bolsters, which show wrinkles quite a bit - F Sport (and regular) seats show creases on the seat bottom pretty easily Overall, I highly recommend this generation RX! You really can’t go wrong, even with the few gripes I have.

Happy with my decision

paul, 07/30/2018
updated 01/31/2019
2018 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

comfortable, quiet ride - luxurious. Controls are annoying - mouse. Voice activation a big help. Needs quieter tires. Will replace originals with Michelin. Mileage lower in winter/cold 28.

5 out of 5 stars

You won’t regret of getting it

Eric, 07/06/2018
2018 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Smooth and quiet even when you accelerate! Transition is great and great fuel saving! Have been considering GLC or GLE and was hoping for better handling at corner but I gave up in the end. Comfort for passengers (front and rear) was one of my very decisive metrics to go for RX 450h. I upgraded it to premium, with better interior, audio and larger wheel. It is worth it even I pay more than my original budget. I can’t say about reliability as I only own it for 4 months.

A Rewarding Vehicle to Own

E. Garner, 02/03/2021
2018 Lexus RX 450h F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been driving my RX450h F Sport for nearly three years now and I have virtually no complaints. The ride is smooth though not necessarily luxurious. This model, with it's Adaptive Variable Suspension, handles the road surprisingly well. You wouldn't think so considering that this is a nearly 5,000 lb. vehicle with a driver at the helm. The F Sport Engine Sound enhancer can be a bit loud, but when the engine cuts off there's total silence; at first I forgot to realize that the vehicle was running. Lexus, unlike Toyota, provides only one year complimentary maintenance. So. learn how to change your own oil (every 5,000 miles/6 months), you'll save almost $100. While I'm on the subject of saving money, change you Engine Air Filter and your Cabin Air filter as well. There, that's a savings of $400 savings unless you like going to the Dealer every six months. I swap my All-season tires and Winter Tires every November and April, so there's no need to shell out $145 to rotate your tires. Everything works well, as I expected. There have been no recalls on my vehicle, only two minor Service Campaigns. I'm a retiree, so I'm never going to put 100,000 miles on this vehicle; I currently have less than 13,000. However, I opted for GEICO's 7yr/100,000 mi., Mechanical Breakdown insurance option. I value reliability over Frills and Thrills, I've owned vehicles like that over my 48 car-buying career. You don't necessarily have to purchase or lease a new one as long as you can find a low mileage 2017 or 2018 driven by a senior citizen in the suburbs. Oh, I forgot to mention, the mileage isn't too bad either; 27 mph combined. Check and change your oil and filters regularly and you'll be a happy camper for years to come. I wouldn't service my vehicle anywhere else but a Lexus Dealer. Still, keep in mind, second only to Veterinarians 70% of all mechanics exhibit some form of deceit. So, before your Service advisor completes the sentence "While we were checking...", stop them right there. Get to know your RX, learn how it drives, check for any unusual odors, and ask a mechanic you trust about any possible abnormalities regarding your vehicle. Because, this is a Luxury SUV, and repairing problems that you simply overlooked or put off WILL cost you a pretty penny when you walk out of the Service Center. Toyotas/Lexus vehicles are know for their reliability, I've owned an invincible Camry, and unbeatable Avalon Limited, and now an incomparable RX450h F Sport. I will never look at another woman, sorry...vehicle in this lifetime.

4 out of 5 stars