Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Ipod disatifaction
By Larry Gathings

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this vehicle Sept 2009. I very much enjoy the vehicle. The mileage is great. I don't like the connection ports. The usb ports are very hard to reach. The main problem I have is my ipod will not play. The ipod will play intermittently. I have addressed this problem to the dealership as well as Lexus. Neither have solved this problem .

Comfortable Ride
By From Denver

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first SUV and I love being high up. I love the ride; quiet, smooth like glass, cushy seats. Mileage so far is a disappointment. I am averaging just under 25 mpg. The interior of the car, other than the fine leather seats, is also a disappointment. Too much plastic. Even the wood appears cheap. The gadget technology (phone, nav, audio, etc) is unsophisticated and lacks elegance. Placement of the dashboard and other interior gauges can be in hard to find places making it necessary to take your eyes off the road. The glove box is a joke. I expect more from a $50,000 plus luxury car. I am counting on Lexus' reputation for high reliability to make this a worthwhile purchase.

The ride: quiet, smooth, cushy. That it is a Hybrid.

Fuel consumption could be better. Interior design and placement of gauges, improvements to the technology system which lacks sophistication, particularly for a luxury car.

Very Comfortable and Economical
By Texan Brit

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had the car for 6 months and driven it on two long journeys over 1000 miles each way, as well as commuting to work. Journeys averaged 25 mpg, commute in traffic usually get 29 or 30 mpg which is sensational for a vehicle this size. It's only let down by the plastic finish on some of the interior fittings. It's very strange as some features are wonderful like the soft leather seats and the soft interior roof lining. Contrast this with the plastic finish of the grab handles that rattle annoyingly. I'm sure Lexus will fix this on future versions. Overall though a great vehicle with good economy and pretty good performance overall.

Fuel economy, great external looks and very comfortable driving experience. Drives like a car.

Get rid of the cheap plastic interior parts, grab handles and center console. Change location of power outlets which are buried deep in the center console.

Scoop on Mileage
By His and Hers

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I both drive this car, and I wanted to let people know our experience about gas mileage. My wife drives the car just like she always has driven any vehicle. She routinely averages about 25 to 26 MPG. I have found that, if I deliberately drive to maximize mileage (no jackrabbit starts, stay at 70 on the interstate, take it easy in general, but nothing extreme) I can consistently average 29 or 30 MPG. I would stress that these are AVERAGE mileage. Often people (and car ads) talk about the highway mileage as though that is the mileage. The really strong suit of these hybrids is their combined mileage. An SUV that can average 30 MPG if driven calmly is pretty impressive to me!

Takes off like an eight if you need to merge in front of a semi, but easy to drive gently. We LOVE the directional headlights and the seat heaters. The best night rain driving car I have ever driven.

Center console compartment is badly designed. We had a Tundra that had a much better and more versatile arrangement.

Good Performance
By Apogeelam

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am leasing the RX450h for almost a year now. so far, I like it, but it would be good if Lexus have the service for unlock the door for you if you are the owner and you lock out. I went shopping once at 40 miles from my home, and my key dropped on the seat quietly. I called the dealer, and they told me the only thing they could offer is to come pick me up to get my spare key at home. (but I know even have my home key.) The media USB ports are not convenient to reach. Since the dealer is 38 miles away from my house, I am not sure if a local oil change service could do the oil change for me.

cruise control is awesome, I love it. The "style" is always my favorite.

I forgot to shut down my car when I went to school, shore, and work. Surprisingly, it did ran out of gas on me, but it was bizarre.