Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Lexus Lemon Car
By kimfrazier

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2010 RX 450h after having a 2002 GS 300 that served me greatly for 7 years.
However, the RX stranded me in the middle of a busy intersection after 1 month and 2000 miles.
This car has given me nothing but problems since I bought it and it has been in the shop 20 days of the 50 days that I have owned it.
Lexus does not build the quality cars it used to.
I would not recommend buying this car.
You will regret it!

The Navigation and console are nicely designed

Make a car that will run.

Excellent
By Marie

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I finally decided to get a new car and replace my 2005. Wanted to stay in the SUV arena, but really wanted to save on mileage. This one does it! I am averaging 30 mpg and I'm not driving differently to effect the mileage. The technology is really fun -- I like the mouse and can work it effortlessly. (I was afraid it wouldn't be natural - it is.) Heads up display is cool. - - I can even see what radio station I'm on. This car is not only beautiful but functional too. I'm happy.

Cooled seats. Nav system. You can get ETA, not just the number of minutes to destination. Mouse is great. Also like the voice commands -- it works. XM NavTraffic surprised me - cool.

Adjustable pedals on all models. Larger sunroof. Have MPG as an option on the heads up display.

Ride
By disgusted

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hard, stiff, jolting ride. Very uncomfortable if there are any imperfections in the road surface. Lexus destroyed the beautiful 400h to create this mobile design error. Typical stupidity was to put the only front 12 v outlet in a cavern under 3 boxes. Duh! Why not a second convenient one? The only thing luxurious about the 450h is the price. It is our 3rd and LAST Lexus unless they replace our suspension system. It is sad to see great soft riding comfortable SUVs (RX series 1999- 2009) be trashed so badly in 2010. After 6 months the car has 3000 miles on it because our Honda truck is far more comfortable. The Lexus is history next year!

CVT

Replace suspension and/or tires to restore the "Lexus" ride, Add a convenient 12v outlet up front. Allow easy way to shut off A/C and operate fan w/o "mousing" around while driving.

Lives up to high expectations
By Dave

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With 5,000 miles on the car now, I'm averaging about 28mpg. The lowest tank average occurred driving through the mountains on vacation with a loaded car at about 25 mpg and I have gotten around 30mpg on normal driving around town. I had very high expectations for this car when I chose to buy it and it has really beaten my expectations with pure comfort, exceptional ride quality and enough technical gadgetry to keep me occupied on long drives. It certainly is not a sports car, but for it's size, the handling is very good and the engine and CVT transmission is a perfect match. I also live in a very dark area and the adaptive headlights are bright and extremely helpful at night.

Hybrid drive, amazingly quiet cabin, seat comfort, adaptive headlights, ventilated seats, NavTraffic (got me out of a mess on I-95 driving home on vacation), intelligent key, power rear hatch, entertainment options (XM, USB, etc)

To suggest anything really would be picky, but in this price range, much of the competition offers a panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, etc. It would be nice to see these features as options.

Poor fuel economy
By Richard

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this 2010 Lexus RX450H for about 3 months. One thing disappointments me is the actual mileage I am getting. I use it for commute from home to work in San Francisco. So far the total mileage is 880. I have been getting 21 MPG in city and 23 MPG in the city. My combined average MPG is 21.9 MPG. The advertised fuel efficiency is 28 MPG on highway and 32 MPG in the city. Not sure it is just my car or it is the city that has lots of hill and traffic signal. My round trip from home to work is 12 miles. One reason we want to switch from our 2001 BMW330CI (which runs 14 MPG) to this car is hoping to save gas. I have not bring this car to long trip yet, will test that out later.

GPS, bluetooth, backup camera.

Better actual fuel efficiency.