Used 2006 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

My Lexus RX 400
By Salim

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 2ed Lexus RX. I have had this vehicle for more than 5 years and I give it an over all rating of 8 on a 1-10 scale. Just a few days ago, the cruise control just quit and I am told that the stick on the steering column is broke; $400 to replace. I am on my third set of tires and I do not speed or burn rubber. Other than that the car has been very reliable and still looks almost brand new ( It is always garaged, however).

The right size for a SUV, excellent power, still looking like brand new after 5 years to the amazement of many of my friends, no engine noise at stops which is my wife's favorite feature and until few days ago not a single mechanical problem.

Better leather surfaces, get rid of the brushed aluminum and bring in the wood, add cooling option to the seats and improve the mileage.

Nice Car
By Happy with the RX

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have owned the 2006 RX-400h AWD for 4 yrs. We have been very happy with the car. No mechanical problems or breakdowns, much better mileage, about 26 mpg, than our 1999 RX-300 AWD, 18 mpg. Recent safety inspection shows almost no brake wear due to regenerative braking system. Original Michelin Tires have lasted for 54,000+ miles. There are some rattles developing over the years, but nothing serious. Power Steering linkage was replaced by dealership, under warranty repair and at their own recommendation.

We like the great handling and performance in the mountains under wet and snowy conditions. Most conditions do not require chains. Power tail gate is nice, heater seats are useful, and bright headlights make it easy to see at night. backup camera is very useful.

We often need a waste container, like ashtray, which is missing. Blue tooth does not accept all phones, and needs manual setup when changing phones. USB power outlet would be useful with iPOD connection for sound system.

2006 Lexus 400h hybrid
By phigman

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best car I have ever driven. Would buy the exact same car again. love my car

Speed! If your in a tight spot, she has never failed to preform! Awesome

It's hard to improve on perfection

Great ride; cheap paint
By Texmom

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm at 68000 miles on my RX 400h and have been very happy with the car's overall drive. It has NEVER broken down or needed repairs. The interior finishes (especially the silver/aluminum finishes) scratch VERY easily, as does the exterior paint. I've replaced the tires twice - you have to get the kind that are rated for the extra weight of the car. I love the Nav system, and the one button push to close the rear door.

Nav system, automatic push button rear door, 1-touch automatic adjustment of driver's seat to individual settings (husband can quickly correct the seat to his comfort), trunk space, general ride

Give the car better gas mileage. Go back to wood details - the silver is starting to look cheap on my car. Needs tires that can hold the weight of the hybrid system. Use better quality paint!

Disappointed that we aren't even getting 20mpg
By Love Lexus

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm not sure yet on how this Lexus will do with reliability but I do love Lexus. I never write these things but I am very disappointed that we aren't even getting 20mpg. The dealership told me this vehicle was never designed to get good mpg, just cleaner emissions and slightly more horsepower over the 330. I would still buy an rx or gx but not the hybrid. I paid extra thinking I would save on gas and am very disappointed.

Simple - I love the car.

I just want honest mpg. Last reading average was 19.6 mpg not very impressive for a hybrid.