Used 2006 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus RX 400h

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Best thing out there now
By leonard sahn

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I Upgraded from Rx 330. This car-based SUV is quieter and feels more solid than the last one.(The hybrid weighs much more due to the batteries, yet handles better.) Interior is unbelievably comfortable, with perfect seat height and angle for those with back problems. Entry and exit are perfectly thought out. Mark Levinson sound system and Navigation with rear back up camera add greatly to the enjoyment and utility. Actual overall gas mileage is about 25-26 mpg-- not bad for a 4500+ lb vehicle. Hybrid engine is silent at start up and at idle, yet extremely powerful with a great " snarl" at rapid acceleration. Best car I've had so far ( and I've had them ALL). And it feels good to use less gas

Comfort. Quietness. Green-ness. Great Lexus service. ( No one understands customer service better than Lexus.) Lease payment very low due to high residual value and aggressive pricing by Lexus and the dealership.

Can't think of any yet. Any disadvantages are just the inevitable consequences of a large vehicle.

A Lexus to Remember
By Leisa James

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The design of the RX 400h was the first thing that intrigued me about my Lexus. After the test drive I was sold. If youe'r thinking of investing in a hybrid I would strongly suggest you take the Lexus RX400h for a test drive. A hybrid costs more but I would purchase this hybrid again. I live in the rural area and my average speed is 45 mph. I am getting 25.5 mpg daily. It doesn't matter if I have to suddenly stop or increase my speed it averages the same mpg. The 6 cylinder engine has as much or more power than my former 8 cylinder engines that were in my large suvs. This car gives you all the comfort of the large suvs in a smaller and very sporty edition of an suv.

The powerdoor is my favorite feature. I use it daily. The navigation system is great to have available. I've used it a few times already in the three months I've owned my Lexus. The bluetooth connection to the cell phone is another favorite feature. The rain sensor windshield wipers are nice.

I can't think of any at this moment.

love it
By EUGENETILLEY

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love the gas mileage, the look and the feel.If I bought it again, I wouldn't pay extra for the powerful sound system. It is not needed. The top feature is the quiet ride when it runs on electric power with the gasoline motor not running. The great fuel mileage is just a plus!!! Go Lexus! Eugene Tilley

My favorite feature is the quiet ride because of the electric motor.

6 months on the road 400RH
By RX400 H fan

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I average 28 mph with about 60% highway driving compared to 17 - 18 mph with my 2001 RX 300. Moves well in highspeed traffic on the beltway and in heavy traffic.

GPS system is fantastic - could not do without it - a real boon to a real estate agent. Back up camera is great, too.

Blue tooth needs to be compatible with Verizon Wireless.

Love this Hybrid
By Joyce

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Lexus. I have had a Caddy DeVille, Acura, and Honda Accord in a previous life. This SUV seating is so comfortable and the navigation system is a joy. It's fun to drive and handles very well. My husband loves the 400H also. We are getting over 25 mph combined fuel and hybrid and we just got the car earlier this month. We expect improved mileage as we break her in.

Navigation system, display of engine; fuel and hybrid put out, etc., Levinson audio; roomy, leather seats, handling, automatic open and close of trunk, heated seats, driver memory position for 2; turning headlights

XM radio, better gas mileage