Used 2010 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus RX 350

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Needs a few things
By don skaggs

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Dual exhaust. A better remote start system that keeps the car running rather than killing the engine when the door is opened. Side molding for door protection. Chrome front grill. Ambient lighting for foot wells.

Easily folded seats. Quality of build

See review

Roadside Assistance is not good
By dave22750

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had Lexus vehicles for the last 10 years and don't have any complaints until now. The vehicles are great however the first time we have to use roadside assistance, it was a bust. We had to call roadside assistance a month ago because we had an accident that was not too serious but bad enough that the car could not be driven. Bottom line, 4 hours later they came to get the car. At our location, it should have only taken 1 1/2 hours at the most. It was not the fault of the wrecker company but a mix- up at roadside assistance that delayed the wrecker. We have had no resolution from Lexus at all on this. Pray that you don't need roadside assistance.

Smooth ride, Bluetooth technology, quietness.

Sunglass holder.

2010 Lexus RX350
By Cincy

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lexus is world class in its cars and SUVs. But the new RX falls short in a few areas, see below.

handling, engine power, cooled seats, exterior design.

Make front seats wider, much narrower than our 2001 RX and uncomfortable on long drives. Get rid of the SOS button (bad idea!) and return the sunglass holder. Rear view camera is ok but add a sensor like Nissan uses. 2 power plugs are very difficult to access (another bad design).

Jerky Auto Shift
By Jerky Auto Shifting?

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle. I replaced a 2001 RX 300 with this model because the Lexus RX had been so reliable and low maintenance. I love this vehicle (hate the location of cable plugs), but am worried that I have had the vehicle just over a month and having issues with auto shifting while in Drive. With in town driving, sometimes when I press the gas coming from a stop, it takes a second to do anything and then it revs the RPM with a quick jerk as it if is auto shifting. Other times when coming to a stop it jerks as if a rough down shift. So frustrating because I love the vehicle! Anyone else having this problem?

Everything but the shift issues. For those complaining of wind noise, turn your seat cooler/heater off. I thought I had a window open when it was actually the fan that blows the seat cooler! Turned it off and it was silent. Took me a few days to figure it out! Love the technology.

Location of the cable plugs a little higher and more visible would be nice, but like that you can hide the cables. Microphone closer to drive would be nice. Callers routinely say, "Sounds like you're in a cave!"

RX 350 Noisy Engine
By hoop999

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I a have a 2010 RX 350 with about 9,000 miles. The engine has developed loud valve and tappet (I think) noise after about 5,000 miles. I am working with Lexus to find a resolution to this problem and have worked with the local service manager, the actual technician and a regional specialist. So far they have given me an answer that I don't think I or other RX350 users are going to like; which is "that's the way the engine sounds". Interestingly, I test drove a loaner with 700 miles (no noise) and a loaner with 12,000 miles (same bothersome noise as my auto). This could be a really big problem for Lexus in that owners buy their product for comfort, power and a quiet ride.

Comfort Style