Used 2009 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Oil cooler hose leak
By Vikings Fan

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 a year ago in 2017. Had no problems with the car until a few weeks ago, the car started smoking and I managed to stop the car in my driveway to notice that the oil was leaking out. Towed to a mechanic and they said there was a pinhole in the oil cooler hose. Apparently this was a defect in Toyota's and Lexus vehicles and Toyota sent a letter out to fix this for free up until 2013. I wish I had known this. If you own this vehicle and have not had this replaces, I would recommend going to a mechanic to see if it still has the old rubber hose and get it replaced. I am lucky that the engine didn't get ruined.

Lexus on Top
By Sandy

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car. Best used value for all the quality. 130000 miles today purchased Jan 2011

Loved our 2009 Lexus RX350
By Millie Jefferson

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable ride, front seats comfortable, especially on long distance drive. Very dependable, and maintenance not a big issue since it tends not to break down.

I did my research and lost anyway
By Charles

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was the car I wanted and could afford. Found one at an Acura dealer with only 75,000 miles and admittedly bought "as-is" with brand name confidence. A few months later, told needed complete steering rack replaced due to torn boot (this just doesn't happen over night). Mechanic said common defect on Toyota/Lexus products. I didn't know this! Oil pan gasket also leaking. Needs 2 new rear tires. Recently had to replace radiator and water pump. That amounts to almost $3000 in repairs. What else is going to break down?

1 of 4 top vehicles of writings on safety
By Katy Thomas

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Dependable safe and well priced