Used 2009 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

Used RX 350 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Oil cooler hose leak

Vikings Fan, 09/10/2018
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 a year ago in 2017. Had no problems with the car until a few weeks ago, the car started smoking and I managed to stop the car in my driveway to notice that the oil was leaking out. Towed to a mechanic and they said there was a pinhole in the oil cooler hose. Apparently this was a defect in Toyota's and Lexus vehicles and Toyota sent a letter out to fix this for free up until 2013. I wish I had known this. If you own this vehicle and have not had this replaced, I would recommend going to a mechanic to see if it still has the old rubber hose and get it replaced. I am lucky that the engine didn't get ruined.

I love my Lexus

bryanjeffrey, 03/20/2014
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 RX350. After driving Audi and BMW's for some time, I fell in love with the RX350. It is my daily commute car, the AWD is like Velcro in the snow and ice, and compares favorably with Audi's Quattro, which I still feel is probably the best AWD system there is. The RX has plenty of power (thank you again to the WI State Patrol officer for being so understanding), plenty of comfort and is ideal for long or short trips. Probably obvious, but make sure you use only synthetic oil. Mileage is good, performance is beyond solid for an SUV, it is a blast to drive, top end is very responsive and I have never lacked for acceleration when needed.

Fits me well

gasser, 01/06/2009
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My third RX. I've only had this one for one week and 500 miles. Excellent build quality, beautiful paint and leather/wood interior. Great acceleration and smooth performance. Still has the soft suspension and a bit of body roll on turns which may not suit everyone. Front seats could use a longer cushion and more fore/aft travel. I value comfort and reliability over high speed performance and sports car like handling. The Lexus RX is, for me, the best vehicle on the market.

Practical and fun to drive

Beng, 07/14/2009
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After deciding between Accura MDX and RX 350, really feel that we made the right decision on the RX 350. The sporty style and comfortable ride is really impressive. Plenty of power to get you in and out of traffic (or into trouble). Gas mileage was really impressive on the highway (26 to 28 mph) on a trip to San Antonio to Fort Worth. In town 18 to 21 mph so far. Had a little trouble with window squeak when we first got it, but this was corrected at dealer. Very happy with the vehicle and the dealership.

2009 Lexus RX 350

curtisam, 01/29/2009
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my RX 350 for about 1 month. It is by far the best vehicle that I have ever owned! I love the drive and appearance of the RX 350. We live in the mountains and it handles well in the snow. I was considering resigning from my job because it was getting more difficult to drive the 400 miles a week to work in my car. Now I feel safe and have great visibility when driving. Our drive is 1/3 mile, mostly uphill. We just had a storm come through and I was able to put it in low, use the snow button, and came up the driveway in a terrible mix of snow/ice. It drove up like a luxury tank! The height of the driver's seat and the great headlights make it easy to see the roadway ahead.

12345...9