Used 2007 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Shake, Rattle, Roll
By Mac

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2000 ES 300 and purchased a RX 350 February, 2007.The RX has rattles everywhere. I have had the RX in the shop for over 18 days in the past 18 months. The noise and rattles are so loud you can hear them over the radio. The dealership has tried to eliminate the rattles, but they remain. The moonroof has been replaced, extra insulation added, etc. with no change. The engine noise is also very loud. The 2000 ES has over 100,000 miles and has never had a rattle, the wind noise is less and the ride and acceleration is much smoother. The ES also has more front leg room. I do not recommend this vehicle.

Power rear door

Keyless ignition. Make the moonroof an option, not standard as this is a persistent noise maker.

Way better than new EPA mpg
By Bob in Texas

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I characterize the RX-350 as a luxury small SUV (most call it a medium size. With 270 hp it keeps the lead footers mostly pleased and for the more average to docile drivers the 26.8 mpg that I recorded on a 330 mile stint on interstate 10 on cruise control at 71 mph is EPA busting. On a 1040 mile trip I recorded an average of 25.8 mpg. Now mind you I never exceeded 75 mph on this trip, but for the economy fan, where else are you going with that kind of power.

Fuel economy, exterior styling, rain sensing wipers, memory power seats, std radio (its very adequate), quiet ride.

Need to put the trip computer scroll button on the steering wheel, telescope wheel needs about one half inch more travel, trip comp distance and trip time reset every time ignition is turned off, trip comp mpg reads about 7% high but don't all cars?

New Lex RX 350
By ESL1227

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All in all I'm satisfied with it, 2nd Lexus I've owned, I can't decide whether I like it better than my 93 LS 400 though. The vehicle is so smooth that it kind of takes away from the driving experience. That and the blindspots are my only complaint. Also, the standard stereo is mediocre at best for a vehicle of this caliber. Definitely opt for the Mark Levinson system if possible. The exterior is classy and modern, the interior is gorgeous and ridiculously comfortable, and again it drives so smooth it's pretty much not "fun" to drive. That's good for some people I suppose.

Design, seat comfort, drivetrain and transmission, mark levinson system, fact that it's a Lexus through and through!

Standard stereo is a joke. There are noticeable, somewhat irritating blindspots. Also, the "fun to drive" factor is simply not there so sporty drivers, be warned, you'll feel like you bought a mommy-mobile, seriously. Gas mileage, pretty disappointing.

Very Happy Lexus Owner
By Lou

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Lexus (1998 ES 300) I drove 164,000 miles absolutly no problems. The Lexus 2007 RX 350 that replace it now has 27,850 and absolutly no problems. There is a pattern here. The quality, fit and finish are 1st rate. Yes, it costs a little more in the initial purchase price but you get it back many times over in reliability, comfort and safety. I am an engineer by profession and I am really picky.

How well the electronic systems are integrated. Bluetooth phone, sat radio, wipers, head lights, etc., it all works all the time all together.

When the car is moving you cannot program the GPS which is a real pain, especially if your caught in traffic and your looking for alternatives routes.

LOVE MY LEXUS
By LOVE IT

2007 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took Delivery at the end of February. My ONLY regret was not getting the Nav system w/back up camera (hubby still insists it wasn't necessary). I just enjoy driving this vehicle. Will probably buy it at the end of the lease. Surprised by the good service center. Routine work was done quickly, but they still loaned me a car for my convenience. When my mom lost her hearing aid, they took out the seats to search, and when they finished they told me there was no charge. I was shocked, and now my mom is planning to buy a car from them.

Love the automatic door on the back of the vehicle. The headlights are have a large span which is great.

Would have liked it in Red, which wasn't an option when I purchased mine. :-)