Used 2006 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

LUV MY LEX
By LEXGRL

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

From the time I test drove the RX330 I instantly knew this was the vehicle I wanted. So luxurious. Seats are comfortable. Smooth ride, feels safe and is best looking SUV in its class.

Heated comfortable seats, easy access to all controls, has all the bells & whistles anyone could ask for. Smooth ride. MPG's not bad (only a couple lower than non-luxury vehicles).

None.

Hesitation and squealing of belts
By bryan

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My car rides and looks the part... but hesitates shifting on highway and in town. I had to have the drive shaft replaced luckily under warranty. It recently started squealing like a bad belt. I have had to replace the brakes at only 55k. The maintenance is definitely way more than their over blown reputation.

I do like the steering wheel controls and comfy seats. I also enjoy the remote control access to trunk.

I would like to see Lexus offer an improved drivetrain with fewer maintenance problems.

Never a problem, luxury drive
By sscott

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Everyone that drives my car says what a "nice ride" it is. I love it's turning radius, comfort, features, visibility, styling, performance and most of all, reliability. I have had zero problems in 25 months of ownership.

mirrors rotate down when backing up comfortable for everyone in the back seat plenty of cargo room hidden compartments in cargo space mean extra storage for long trips steering tilts adjustment even while driving one button opens rear door (hydraulic)

front seats are made for under 6 feet tall. Seats ride too high for my comfort, and I'm 5-6

Luxury
By Diane

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It drives so smooth. Drives good in the snow. Seat warmers are great. Back up camera is great also. The navigation and bluetooth really are the step above luxury.

All.

Better gas mileage.

More problems since 8/13/07 review
By retired

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota dealer advised @ 30k service that vehicle needs to go to Lexus (100 miles one way) for oil leak "back 1 cam seal leaking." If it were off warranty it'd be about $500. This combined with problems stated 8/13/07 will force us to switch makes next trade - have NO confidence in running the vehicle past warranty. This is still a young vehicle for the problems we've had.

You are tied to a limited number of dealerships for warranty work. Maybe Toyota could augment existing network for mechanical warranty work.