Used 2006 Lexus RX 330 Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Awesome SUV
By J Carlos Perez

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Mi 06 Lexus is incredible SUV, comfortable, nice design, the performance, big cargo, ok with gas, for my budget is good, no expensive like Audi's o Mercedes, but super reliable in all aspects. I will buy another like this one. The engine have 213 K miles and is strong still! Just the regular tune up and that's it. I recomend this SUV for the family, another thing is faster in the freeway in mode 4.

High mileage RX
By Ed

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Pearl White 2006 RX used with 220k for $5500 in 2016. Original list was $38k ! Had noticed this line from Lexus when they came out in 2004 and thought they would make a good used vehicle at some point in the future. This one had been well maintained by the dealer and was a 1 owner vehicle. Noticed when purchased that the radiator had been recently replaced and that steering seemed a tad loosey-goosey but still safe. Everything worked and the drivetrain was strong with the brakes recently serviced. Month later noticed fluid on the garage floor that was coming from the steering rack. Bought a reman rack on line for $190 and had my trusty Toyota tech install for $275. Had the tie-rod ends, plugs, pump and timing belt all replaced after that..(had orig. plugs). New set of Cooper CS5 70K tires and alignment and she runs like new ! Numerous hot weather trips and mileage seems to be averaging about 21.9 but at 75-80mph with the A/C on. Would highly recommend the RX !...Smooth ride, quiet, 18.5 gal tank...Super deals on used high mileage RX's ...and they use Toyota Highlander parts.

Buying a newer one!
By Mike McNamara

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I hate to sell a vehicle that's running so well and is paid for. But, it is 10 years old and I want some upgrades the RX 350 has. This has been a wonderful family car with excellent reliability. I've never had a breakdown! It has only been in the shop for oil changes and scheduled inspections, plus 2 minor bumper/fender repairs [repaired perfectly].
As an update, I've put another 13000 miles on the RX330 and the Lexus dealer did the extensive 120,000 mile scheduled maintenance inspection. I also bought some new tires. The SUV continues to drive like it did in 2010 when we bought it. I do more in town driving, so a hybrid 400h or 450h would be a nice upgrade, especially with newer safety items. Unfortunately, the trade-in value of a 130K vehicle isn't very high. So, I'll continue driving an excellent car that has great value to me!

Lexus for Life!
By Jeff Gray

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is an SUV that drives like a car. It's well balanced. Easy to drive. Smooth on the road. Little road noise. Nice top end speed. Great cargo room. Carries my family of five quite comfortably. Great sight lines. The only problem I've had is the dash cracking due to the heat and the cold. Didn't expect this from a Lexus; however, Lexus replaced the dash for free ($2,600 normal cost). They gave me a brand new RX350 as a loaner while mine was being serviced. That was a nice perk. I purchased mine used with 116,000 miles on it. (Got it $3,000 below NADA.) It now has 154,000 miles on it. No problems mechanically. I've read about the cost of maintenance. I never use the dealer (except for the dash), so my cost has be a fraction of normal maintenance. I have an amazing mechanic. He's a genius and very fair in pricing.

UPDATE: My 330 now has 186,000 miles on it. I'm still mostly repair free with the vehicle. The car is starting to burn some oil - not much - but some. I also have a leak somewhere and anti-freeze is leaking out. This is not a problem so far as it is a very slow leak and I just top it off every 3,000 miles or so. Still a great purchase!

2004 RX330 AWD
By jodar96

2006 Lexus RX 330 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This RX is my wife's but I drive it on trips or when we are both in the car. Purchased ours in Nov 2008 with 35K miles. Had the condensation in right headlight when we bought it. While outside warranty, Lexus agreed to replace it and I paid $500 off $1800 bill!!!!!
Radiator leaked. I replaced it myself but found out lexus had extended warranty that would have replaced it free. The same side hedalight had condensation again. Fixed it this time by applying silicone around the lens. It has worked perfectly. Very comfortable seats/driving position on long trips, quiet, roomy. It has aged very well. leather in seating area is top notch.
Currently at 95K miles and ready to sell it.

Very reliable, smooth, and quiet. Built well. well equipped. Good highway vehicle. Drove exceptionally well in one bad snow and icy weather trip. Best choice tire (not cheap) is Bridgstone Dueler Alenza. They have gone 60K miles so far and still good. Engine, transmission, brakes hold up well. So has the paint and body panels. it is 9 years old and there is no rust anywhere and we live in a snow belt state.

I did not like the timing belt expense of $580 at 90K miles. The 3.5L in RX350 uses chain so that won't be an expense in our 2010 RX350. The gas tank capacity says 19.5 gallon. I could never ever put more than 17.5 gallons in it no matter how dry it was. I honestly can not ask for any improvement change in this 2004 RX. I really think the 2004-2009 have much compact and nimble feel to them than the 2010-2013 style. The new ones look and feel bulky. Shutting the doors is not as mooth as the ones in older generation. The older 330 used regular gas, the 350 used premium tthat could add up when owning these for 5-7 years.