Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Waaay More Than We Expected
By Bob and Rae Robertson

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2005 Lexus RX330 in 2007 as a replacement for an Acura TSX we purchased new in 2005. We are both taller and didn't like the entry exit height of the Acura and had owned several Toyotas with good luck. The Lexus is a good ride height, comfortable, with fairly decent power and economy (20 in town, 22-25 on the highway) and has been our full time driver for everything. We purchased the car at 37k miles and have over 157k on it now with our only complaints being replacing brake pads and rotors (2X), the navigation is not as easy to use as the Acura was (that's what phones are for), and our CD player refuses to give us back the 6 CD's it has in the player. We absolutely love this car and hope it goes another 100k

Right fit for me
By Lots of miles

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I chose Lexus from previous experience with the brand. I’m in sales and use the suv for moving samples to customers. I totally appreciate the higher upright driving position and can hop right out of the car after a few hours on the road without the stiffness I was experiencing with smaller sports sedans. This Lexus is a well built machine as it has everything I could need and more. My only complaint would be MPG could be better as so far I’m getting high teens in town and low twenties highway.

Chi City SUV
By Robert

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very good all purpose car. Excellent city car and suburbs as well.

Best buy ever
By Brenda Clay

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The dash board is all cracked up besides that it's very good

Great Road Cruiser
By m murphy

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for road trips. One major unresolved issue: advised two years ago of a recall for dashboard cracks. Have received mail notices of the recall. Countless calls to dealer (Lexus of Tampa Bay) to get the new dash installed have gone nowhere. The story is they are waiting for supply from the manufacturer, give us a new date every time we call for availability of new dash. Now they don't return calls when we leave messages with the service department. As on 10/29/2016 we are STILL waiting for the replacement dash. We have been waiting over two years since the original recall notice.

We would consider buying a newer version of this car but the service issue is leaving a VERY bad taste.