Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Good value and reliability for 15 yo car
By Boris

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my new and paidoff Mitsubishi Outlander Sport (4 cyl/5A) to use the money to buy my Lexus RX330. I paid about $6,000 for Lexus with 180K miles. Rest of the money about $10K I deposited to my savings account and it feels great. So far, I spent some money on front bearings ($40 per bearing and $20 per hub) and Oil (synthetic Mobile 1) after 8,000 miles ($26). Planning to replace all 4 rotors and brake pads (about $150 for everything). I like Lexus RX330 better than a For 15 yo car it has nice features and still looks fine. Engine V6 is the best engine (3.3L or 3.5 L) and it's least expensive to fix, comparing to Lexus's V8. I get 24 mpg in the city and about 29 mpg on the highway; regular gas. P.S. You should buy only original Toyota parts for this car.

Waaay More Than We Expected
By Bob and Rae Robertson

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2005 Lexus RX330 in 2007 as a replacement for an Acura TSX we purchased new in 2005. We are both taller and didn't like the entry exit height of the Acura and had owned several Toyotas with good luck. The Lexus is a good ride height, comfortable, with fairly decent power and economy (20 in town, 22-25 on the highway) and has been our full time driver for everything. We purchased the car at 37k miles and have over 157k on it now with our only complaints being replacing brake pads and rotors (2X), the navigation is not as easy to use as the Acura was (that's what phones are for), and our CD player refuses to give us back the 6 CD's it has in the player. We absolutely love this car and hope it goes another 100k

Right fit for me
By Lots of miles

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I chose Lexus from previous experience with the brand. I’m in sales and use the suv for moving samples to customers. I totally appreciate the higher upright driving position and can hop right out of the car after a few hours on the road without the stiffness I was experiencing with smaller sports sedans. This Lexus is a well built machine as it has everything I could need and more. My only complaint would be MPG could be better as so far I’m getting high teens in town and low twenties highway.

Chi City SUV
By Robert

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very good all purpose car. Excellent city car and suburbs as well.

Best buy ever
By Brenda Clay

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The dash board is all cracked up besides that it's very good