Used 2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 330 model:

Always lexus suv
By sunny

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Last 10 years driving lexus, never a complaint, my first es-300 than rx300 now rx 330. If lexus would make a 6 seater it would be the best, i always loved that car.

everything

just 3rd row seat

Couldn't Be Happier
By GC in Memphis

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a used 2005 RX330 and am so glad I did. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted anything other than a full- blown SUV, but this baby has all the interior room I need and more bells and whistles than I know what to do with. Aside from the smooth ride, great handling and spectacular amenities, there is a certain confidence and attitude that come with owning a Lexus. It is wonderful, yet hard to describe. I have received so many compliments. I have only owned it for a week, but, so far it has been excellent. I keep finding new features that blow my mind, seeing as it was so affordable.

Heated seats, power rear door, headlights automatically turn in the direction your vehicle is headed, power/memory seats, console storage, cup holders-a-plenty, pop-up cargo storage in the rear, powerful heat/ac, beautiful interior wood trim, headlight sprayers!

Could have a little quicker acceleration and wish it didn't require premium gas.

Lexus RX 330
By jstone

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had too many repairs. Radiator, crankshaft pulley, noise around the air conditioner line, all had to be repaired. I thought a Lexus would run forever with no problems if properly maintained. Very disappointed in this. Visibility is somewhat limited because of design. Disappointed and thinking about looking for something else. I thought this would be a car to last me 20 years.

Looks.

GPS system way too complicated.

Still not sure
By pam

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 5 mos ago. I am enjoying it however I am concerned that the engine noise is louder than I am used to. I do not like the arm rest. Otherwise the ride is very comfortable. Servicing is more expensive than expected. Paint job dulls quickly. (black) Need to have it detailed and waxed too often. I came from a Cadillac and it had more electronic information capabilities.

Heated seats, seat positions availability, visibility, small body but plenty of room and comfort.

wider armrests, quieter interior riding

Best Car Ever
By Batteryman

2005 Lexus RX 330 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car we ever had. You sit up high and get the SUV feel, but still get pretty much the 18/24 mpg advertised. It may be slightly under- powered for some, but that's the price of decent mileage. It has been completely reliable. The controls are ergonomic - placed logically just where they ought to be. One exception: the GPS navigation system is complex and somewhat counter-intuitive. Expect a learning curve of some weeks. The low-profile tires are more expensive than the regular kind, but they look great. I replaced them at Walmart in 2009 with top-quality for about $1,000. Groceries tend to slide in the cargo area - the "cargo net" sold as a $60 option is useless.

Heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, automatic seat/mirror adjustment (I am 6'2", my wife 5'2"), downward-adjusting side mirrors (in reverse), rear camera when backing, smooth, quiet ride.

Simplify GPS navigation system, provide compartmentalized plastic inserts for cargo area to prevent sliding groceries (I made my own).