Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

My last Toyota purchase
By c krempley

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car did not live up to my expectations. After owning many Toyota products, a Corrolla was my first car, I will no longer be purchasing their product. The hype that this car would run for 200 to 300 thousand miles is just hype. My transmission gave out on a major highway at 10:00 PM in a construction zone 30 miles from ANY gas station or other help. Two years ago the air conditioning unit needed replacement and now there are electrical problems. I have never had so many problems with a car.

Drives as good as it looks!!
By Julie

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research on SUVs, and I kept coming back to the RX 300. I think it's the best looking, and the reviews sang high praise. So we have had this one about 3 months and I LOVE it! And what's even better is we're getting 20-26 MPG! We both drive moderately and the MPG shows. Will probably buy another RX after this one.

Looks! Sturdy feel.

Seems to have a few blind spots, so I always double check.

Absolutely Great Car
By atlanta

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has not given me one single problem. I do have it maintained according to schedule and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Love the smooth ride and zero mechanical problems.

Best Car
By Charles, Georgia

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 42K miles on it and have had it a year and a half. I also traded a Lexus ES 300 in on it b/c I wanted a SUV. Lexus is by far the best car on the road. I'll never drive anything else.

Sporty feel while having the room of an SUV. Comfort and feel, safety, reliability.

Better gas mileage, radio controls on the steering wheel which I know they have done on the new models.

Ten cars later, the best ever
By Michelle,Texas

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 10 cars, and I said the very next one I get would be a Lexus. After much independent study and comparisons. I finally got it. This car is absolutely awesome. Find an authorized mechanic shop that works on high end luxury cars and keep it maintained (as with any car). I see years of comfort and happiness, my daughter expects to get this car, when I upgrade. I never want to drive another car.

Butter leather seats, wonderful surround sound, smooth ride, adjustable rear seating.

We are a tall family so the part by the knee on the driver's side is a little uncomfortable.