Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

Couldn't be Happier
By MobileDandA

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my RX300 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 36000 miles on it from a Lexus dealer. Finally, after 245,000 miles, it had it's FIRST breakdown. The transmission went out. So, instead of putting a lot of money into a vehicle with almost a quarter of a million miles on it, I purchased another 2002 RX300 exactly like the one I had except for the exterior color and it had about 190,000 fewer miles. Couldn't see buying anything else because you can't get the reliability and service you get from Lexus. I can't recommend this vehicle highly enough!

Comfortable ride.

Would love it if it got just a few more mpg. I average 21.8 mpg.

Died at 82,000
By S. Miller

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the RX 300 certified pre-owned with 42,000 miles. Loved the vehicle until it died at 82,000 miles. Temp gauge showed cold, but engine overheated and locked up on I-80 in Gary, IN. It was 2 weeks past the warranty. After a $200 tow charge, we were told the engine needed replaced for $10,500. Lexus gave us the engine, but it still cost $3,000 in labor. Lexus offered no explanation as to cause, and declined further help. The dealership was wonderful, however. We have also had chronic problems with dash lights. We thought Lexus was bulletproof. We won't buy another one.

Very solid; rides nice.

Auto locking doors; better fuel economy.

2nd Owner, Coach Pkg, ....Nice SUV!
By acarnutguy

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 37k miles in June 2006. Nice, well built SUV with good room for 2 or 3, tight with 4 when traveling. Solid drive, wanders a bit on the highway at speeds. Very good cruiser at 75-80 mph. City gas mileage is 17-19 and highway at 75 is 21ish... should be better. Coach leather edition is a nice bonus! Lexus does a great job with fit, finish and wood trim.

Nice cruiser at 75-80; great sound system w/ 6 disc changer; Coach leather; fit and finish

Better gas mileage; more power

Amazing
By Melissa Perea

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I had a 1987 Chevy Blazer for the past 7 years and now I know why people buy luxury cars. It has been the best experience ever driving this car and I can't imagine my life without it now. Very luxurious and comfortable. Its the perfect SUV.

Leather interior, sun/moon roof, cargo space, smooth ride, perfect controls for driver to handle while driving

obviously just a little better has mileage, but honestly I would still purchase one if it never got better its worth it!

Worth the money
By CCW

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this because of Lexus reputation and have not been disappointed. Still drives like a new car, great handling for a SUV, and gas mileage tolerable even with today's gas prices! This car has everything, just wish it had power rear hatch. Definitely considering hybrid version for next Lexus.

Love the auto-dimming rearview mirror and built in garage opener!