Used 2002 Lexus RX 300 Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:

trans failure
By Mike J

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Trans failed at 87000mi.(out of warranty) Had dealer replace trans ocos $4000. Maintenance schedule does not suggest or state to "service trans" by replacing trans oil/filter. Just states to check fluid level. Will not purchase Lexus or Toyota againg.

Great buy no regrets
By wv

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our rx300 new in 2002 and loved it ever since. Absolutely no problems after 130k miles. Love to drive it, comfortable ride and extremely comfortable seats even after long trips. A definite Lexus/Toyota owner for life. Great job Lexus!!!

comfortable seats and ride, nice looking interior, auto headlights, ride height

Better rear air conditioning (perhaps unit just needs replacing after 130k miles?). Pretty much no complaints.

Best Used Car I Ever Owned
By FEdward

2002 Lexus RX 300 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my RX with 84K miles and a 100K warranty. Car was in spectacular condition and according to service records had been meticulously maintained. Dealership found a leaky rear axle seal under warranty, but had no other issues. The 90K maintenance was a bit pricey (timing belt, flushes, et. al.) but reasonable. A fuel modulator had to be replaced right after warranty expired for @ $700 parts & labor. Have not encountered the engine failures that others have reported. Fit, finish & features still solid at 115K and dealership has been just wonderful. Bought an '07 ES 350 two months ago and the trusty '02 RX has become our fun, weekender. This vehicle sold me on future Lexuses from now on!

Vehicle Stability Control, ABS Traction and Snow Controls, Auto Lights & Dimming Mirrors, Premium Sound System, Instrument Layout and LED Info console, Visibility Superb. Had a 10 mph impact with no bumper damage whatsoever.

Heated seats should have been standard, as well as auto door locks and steering wheel stereo controls.

Luxury????
By TB07

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

If you noticed, the annual mileage portion of this review was left blank. I couldn't comment, as I have only had my RX for 6 months, 3 of which I've been dealing with nothing but problems. 20 days post-warranty, my short block of the engine needed replacement, as it was burning excessive oil. Lexus stood behind the motor, but left me with the $2500-3000 labor bill. Dealership was horrible-- referring to me as a person looking to get an extra buck anyway I can; telling me I didn't appreciate any of the work they had done; and my list could go on! Will never deal with Lexus or Bergstrom ever again!

Looks nice, and smooth driving.

Build an engine that lasts and stand behind your customers when the warranty has only been expired 20 days! Oh, and be careful of who is representing your name!

Great Vehicle for Every One
By George

2002 Lexus RX 300 AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it new in 2002 for my wife and she's loved it more than any other vehicle. It's easy to drive, very quiet, and comfortable to ride in; even long drives. Lexus did a great job on the fit and finish - it still looks almost new. We've owned it for 7 years and it still has the original battery and wipers on it. We've changed the tires only once. I would recommend it to anyone; except families of five or more - a bit small.

Very easy to drive, comfortable, and awesome reliability - never a problem.

Interior size needs to be larger and turn circle needs to be tighter.